Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I also have a old rifle stock, with conduit for a barrel. Use it as a "blue" gun.
    And a laptop with a couple short videos. "What rule did this person break?" Type of thing.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Didn't see the thread until today. I can help teach and can bring a 10/22 iron sight and scoped savage 64. I taught 4-H shooting sports for 14 years and am certified as a Rifle and Pistol instructor.

Thanks,!

I also have a old rifle stock, with conduit for a barrel. Use it as a "blue" gun.
    And a laptop with a couple short videos. "What rule did this person break?" Type of thing.

Good idea! We can even do some flyers with the eddie eagle rules and/or firearm rule for them as well. I think dnr might be able to get nra out vs us asking or if not I'm sure we got nra contacts among us.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Didn't see this thread until a couple minutes ago.

If you need me then I can help out.

Also, have 2 Ruger 10/22 rifles (1 pink). Can probably find some 22lr to feed the guns.

If its going to be hunting oriented I can bring a clays thrower and loan a 20 gauge O/U shotgun. Probably can find a case of clays.

Also, gas grill, hot dogs, etc.

We can pass out flyers at the cigar lounge (to the parents, kids are not allowed in the lounge).

Sacrifice_Me

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I'd be happy to help with whatever is needed. I could bring a box of foam earplugs for the kids and see if I can get some safety glasses donated.

I have to 10/22s, one with a scope. My son is a Cub/Boy scout now and would love to participate.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    OP updated to show list of potential instructors. I got 9 on the list but the poll says 11. :dunno: who is not counted for?

Also showing the list of equipment. We have ten 10/22s (iron sights) right now which I think it more than enough. Only 6 at the 25 with 4 spares just in case.

The scoped 10/22s is what we are still low on.

I have not documented the non-10/22s that ya have also advised you can bring. For uniformatity if we can stick with the 10/22 for all the kids that would be great. But we will see.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    OP updated to show list of potential instructors. I got 9 on the list but the poll says 11. :dunno: who is not counted for?

Also showing the list of equipment. We have ten 10/22s (iron sights) right now which I think it more than enough. Only 6 at the 25 with 4 spares just in case.

The scoped 10/22s is what we are still low on.

I have not documented the non-10/22s that ya have also advised you can bring. For uniformatity if we can stick with the 10/22 for all the kids that would be great. But we will see.

From the poll, here is the list, although, from what I remember, there were a couple others too
    actaeon277, Andy219, AuntieBellum, Caleb, daddymikey1975, GhostofWinter, gunbunnies, kjf40, lonehoosier, repeter1977, sadclownwp

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Looks like you got lots of help already, but if needed I can throw a 550 rd box of .22 lr to the cause, also have a 10/22 with scope. Scope comes off easy so if you just want the iron sights that's no problem.

Love the idea.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Looks like you got lots of help already, but if needed I can throw a 550 rd box of .22 lr to the cause, also have a 10/22 with scope. Scope comes off easy so if you just want the iron sights that's no problem.

Love the idea.

Have to say, with this, the more the merrier, and the more kids we can try to teach. Come on by.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @jofra thanks we can use the 10/22 scope for sure as well as the ammo!

@all
    Anyone have a picture of using wood poles (2x4s) where you run string to connect the two to be able to clip paper targets to? Would look like this:

x****************x
    x x
    x x
    x x

x = wood pole
    * = string

This was one of 2 ideas in order to move the targets up on the 25 yard for the kids to shoot at. The other is the portable target stand (pvc which I have pics of).

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I have the following .22LR rifles that I can bring (I'll bring ammo as well).

GSG-522 With Red dot sight

(2) Savage Mark II Bolt action w/ ten round magazine WITH scope on each.

(the savages are for my boys for christmas, they'll be more than happy to share when the time comes).. they don't know I have these new rifles yet ... they MIGHT also have bipods as well :D

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    (2) Savage Mark II Bolt action w/ ten round magazine WITH scope on each.

(the savages are for my boys for christmas, they'll be more than happy to share when the time comes).. they don't know I have these new rifles yet ... they MIGHT also have bipods as well :D

:rockwoot:

Due to my crazy work schedule, its hard for me to commit months ahead. But I would like to show up, and bring my Savage bolt action 22, Ruger 10/22s, and Ruger MKII pistol with red dot.

Who knows, maybe I could bring my grand nephew;

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ndnephew_to_the_outdoor_range.html?highlight=

;)

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Sounds like you have plenty of rifles. But I can bring 2 ruger 10/22's with axiom adjustable stocks. These are great lightweight stock for kids of all sizes. One can be scoped. the other can have tech sights or stock iron sights. One will have a bipod.

I also can bring an m&p22 pistol.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    I have a marlin 60 and should be able to help teach. ill know for sure when we have a date for the event. I also have access to a Henry survival rifle as well. I belive Jedi you are very familure with that one :) Im so up for teaching safety and good shooting skills to responsable kids or adults for that matter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom