• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportu...265748bc6490e3706eab459b986&tab=core&_cview=1

The resultant contract will be a firm-fixed price contract. The requirement is for the following:

2,963 each Glock Model 23 pistol, with smooth trigger, extended slide stop, medium magazine catch, tritium sights, 6 magazines

"Smooth trigger" refers to swapping out the serrated trigger w/trigger bar assembly that normally comes in the compact and subcompact Glocks with the smooth-faced trigger w/trigger bar assembly found in the full-size models.

The "medium" or "FBI" magazine catch is a factory option few people have heard about. It is sized between the standard and extended mag catches, and is very similar to the Vickers/TangoDown replacement part.

Interestingly (or maybe not), the FBI configuration is pretty much how I have had all my Glocks set up for several years now. ;)

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Question, do you guys do that work yourself? Vince asked me about getting a smooth trigger on my G23 and I quickly discounted his suggestion, stating that I liked the one on the gun. After a while on the range, I quickly found out what he was saying and discovered that my finger began to hurt.

Also, the stock magazine release needs to be depressed more that any gun I've owned, but I didn't like the size of the alternative. I've never seen the medium option, so can that be ordered and installed in the gun store, along with a smooth trigger?

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I have read that the chambers are more supported for the .40 in current Glocks. What generation did this change? It seems like my police trade-in second gen G22 has much less support than my third gen G23. Is that the case?

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Question, do you guys do that work yourself? Vince asked me about getting a smooth trigger on my G23 and I quickly discounted his suggestion, stating that I liked the one on the gun. After a while on the range, I quickly found out what he was saying and discovered that my finger began to hurt.

Also, the stock magazine release needs to be depressed more that any gun I've owned, but I didn't like the size of the alternative. I've never seen the medium option, so can that be ordered and installed in the gun store, along with a smooth trigger?

Do a search for the Glock take down videos that were posted on her yesterday. Completely detail stripping a Glock looks intimidating, but really isn't bad. At that point, you will both know your firearm much better, but can also swap in and out all the parts you want to try them out.

There is also a $0.25 trigger job that is essentially polishing some parts to make the trigger smoother in the same thread.

A Glock is easier to detail strip that a Ruger Mark II is to field strip sometimes. :)

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    why would they ditch the sigs for glocks??? bad move in my book. i think they will soon learn this. FBI shoots A LOT more than any other LE (except secret service) agency in the country, and i think they will ditch the glock fetish soon.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Question, do you guys do that work yourself?

The FBI mag catch can be had as a factory option, but requires a minimum pistol order from Glock Inc. The end-user equivalent would be to either order the Vickers/TangoDown part, or install the factory extended mag catch and dremel the corners off.

The smooth trigger is an easy swap.

I know a shop in Camby that can hook you up. :D

why would they ditch the sigs for glocks???

When did the FBI go to SIGs? :dunno:

Glock - Gunpedia
    The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation issues all agents graduating from the FBI Academy a Glock 22 or Glock 23 according to the agent's preference.[3]

The Glock 22: America's best-selling police pistol | Guns Magazine | Find Articles at BNET
    For years, the FBI has given new agents their choice of a 16-shot G22 or the slightly smaller 14-shot Glock 23.

Last edited:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Shooter you and I think alike, my go to Glock is a G-23, 2nd gen, NY-1 & Trijicons, I dont have the LEO slide stop on because I havn't been down to Braddis to pick one up.

By the way the FBI has been using the G-22/23/27bug combination for years with the Winchester PDX series .40 ammo.

Good enough for them, good enough for me and mine.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Shooter you and I think alike, my go to Glock is a G-23, 2nd gen, NY-1 & Trijicons, I dont have the LEO slide stop on because I havn't been down to Braddis to pick one up.

By the way the FBI has been using the G-22/23/27bug combination for years with the Winchester PDX series .40 ammo.

Good enough for them, good enough for me and mine.

I thought they used Gold Dot?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I thought they used Gold Dot?

From the Winchester website:
    The Bonded PDX1 line uses the same technology the Federal Bureau of Investigation uses as its primary service round. The Bonded PDX1 is engineered to maximize terminal ballistics, as defined by the demanding FBI test protocol, which simulates real-world threats.

Winchester Wins FBI .40 S&W Ammunition Contract

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has awarded Winchester Ammunition the single largest ammunition contract in the history of federal law enforcement worth a maximum of $54 million.

Winchester Ammunition will produce .40 S&W service ammunition, training ammunition, reduced lead training ammunition and frangible ammunition for the FBI for one base year, with four, one-year renewal options.

Winchester’s enhanced .40 S&W service ammunition is a 180-grain, bonded jacketed hollow point round and was selected over all other rounds that were tested. The FBI tests the terminal ballistics of each round by shooting a specific test protocol through various barriers such as heavy cloth, wallboard, plywood, steel and auto glass into ballistic gelatin.

Last edited:

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    From the Winchester website:
    The Bonded PDX1 line uses the same technology the Federal Bureau of Investigation uses as its primary service round. The Bonded PDX1 is engineered to maximize terminal ballistics, as defined by the demanding FBI test protocol, which simulates real-world threats.

Winchester Wins FBI .40 S&W Ammunition Contract

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has awarded Winchester Ammunition the single largest ammunition contract in the history of federal law enforcement worth a maximum of $54 million.

Winchester Ammunition will produce .40 S&W service ammunition, training ammunition, reduced lead training ammunition and frangible ammunition for the FBI for one base year, with four, one-year renewal options.

Winchester’s enhanced .40 S&W service ammunition is a 180-grain, bonded jacketed hollow point round and was selected over all other rounds that were tested. The FBI tests the terminal ballistics of each round by shooting a specific test protocol through various barriers such as heavy cloth, wallboard, plywood, steel and auto glass into ballistic gelatin.

The PDX1 is pretty good stuff...

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

Yeah, but you can get the extended one, then smooth it down with a dremel to your liking.

Then take that Dremel and some Mother's alum polish and smooth up that trigger bar following the .25 trigger job videos.

Top Bottom