• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    C'mon guys, if YOU had acess to OPA (other people's ammo) and OPM (other people's money) wouldn't you order up a 20 mike mike?:D

Sure it's money down the toilet, but when viewed in light of all the other goverment waste it's de minimis . . . and lots of fun for the range pogues at FBI.;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I STILL want to know why they are ordering "Non-firing" bolt assemblies?

Because if a weapon is non-functioning without the ability to function without major conversion, they might be able to modify them without going through ATF? That's the only reason why I could imagine FBI doing such a thing. Even so, I'm pretty sure the de-milled rule has long been over-ruled, so I don't think this would hold water after '86.

Honestly, the only phrases I even saw in this whole thread were:

FBI
    20mm
    Waco
    Ruby Ridge
    Group Buy

So, uh, how much would this be in bulk?

What kind of wait are we looking at with Form 4s and ATF approval? 180 days? A year?

Let's do it to it, Captain.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    sweet!whats that compared to a .50 cal?:ar15:

.50BMG rounds are 12.7mm
    20mm is, of course, 20mm

Moreover, despite only being roughly one and one-half times larger, I think 20mm has three times the force behind it... been awhile since I looked at ft-pounds of each, but I think 20mm is something like 45k ft-pounds of energy, while .50BMG is like, 15k ft-pounds? Something like that.

Regardless, the sound of a rifle chambered in .50BMG is pretty impressive, and I really doubt I'd want to be behind a 20mm rifle when it fires a round.

Top Bottom