• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    i always like La Gloria Cubana Serie r or i really like bolivar's and ancient warriors, or gurkha assasin

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Tried that :puke: I can't do anything at all harsh. Glad to see others like one at least once in a while.

Anyone know where I can get a few Gurkha Grand Reserve?

it would help if i knew where you were, if in nwi melensdad has 3 different shops

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Next time I'm at your shop I'll have to try one.

If I had any more I'd share one with you. Sadly I'm all out. I just came back from a trip to France, they sell Bolivar's there, but the one cigar lounge that I found was CLOSED FOR THE DAY the day that I attempted to go there!

it would help if i knew where you were, if in nwi melensdad has 3 different shops
    But I don't have the Grand Reserve in stock. We have several different Gurhka's but not that one. The 'hot' one seems to be the Ancient Warrior at the 1101 shop.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    i think melensdad has some cohibas with a yellow label. not sure but they may be the same, talk to him

Nope. Ours our white label/red dot.

Sadly its not legal to sell the yellow label in the US. Real Cubans are illegal to possess, illegal to smoke, very illegal to sell. Which is not to say that there is not a blackmarket for them, in fact there are websites where people actively trade real Cuban cigars that have been smuggled into the US.

I currently have NONE.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'd like to stop by your shop sometimes, Melensdad. I do like La Gloria Cubana Series R, and I have found myself in possession of Cohiba Robusto cigars on occasion. My "go to" cigar for quite awhile was the "Puros Indios". I had a Hoyo de Nicaragua at The Big Smoke in LV that wiped me out. That's too much for me, generally.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Nope. Ours our white label/red dot.

Sadly its not legal to sell the yellow label in the US. Real Cubans are illegal to possess, illegal to smoke, very illegal to sell. Which is not to say that there is not a blackmarket for them, in fact there are websites where people actively trade real Cuban cigars that have been smuggled into the US.

I currently have NONE.

I got mine from a cop :D

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Favorite by far is a Cuban Monte Cristo #2. Awesome smoke.

For every day use, I always have a few C.A.O. Brazilians, La Gloria Cubano, Cubao, or Rocky Patel Heritage. I don't smoke as much as I used to, but with summer coming soon, the average will increase as I start to spend evenings out on the patio.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    do you think there is any cigar that would be pretty close to a yellow label cohiba?
    Honestly, and I really mean this, I believe that the best of the Dominican cigars are the equals of the best of the Cubans. Take a look at some of the cigar rankings in Cigar Afficinado magazine, there are plenty of high grade Dominicans that are ranked AT and even ABOVE the quality/taste of Cuban cigars.

I always have a few C.A.O. Brazilians
    The C.A.O. Brazilian AMAZON is a fantastic cigar. :rockwoot:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Honestly, and I really mean this, I believe that the best of the Dominican cigars are the equals of the best of the Cubans. Take a look at some of the cigar rankings in Cigar Afficinado magazine, there are plenty of high grade Dominicans that are ranked AT and even ABOVE the quality/taste of Cuban cigars.

The C.A.O. Brazilian AMAZON is a fantastic cigar. :rockwoot:
    thanks! im not a cigar aficionado, and im not even gonna pretend to know what Im about to talk about ..... but, the thing I liked about the yellow label cohiba is that it was mellow. not overpowering like even other cubans I have had. the other cuban cigars I smoked came in a silver metal tube. i dont know the name. one was short and one was longer. they were strong and i didnt like them

Top Bottom