• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    OK - serious question, because I'm ignorant.

Both INGO and FB are private companies (but FB is publicly traded), doesn't the law apply equally?
    Why is there even a comparison. You get banned on INGO for acting like an ass, not for having a point of view different from the moderators. You get banned on YouTwitFace for having a point of view different from the moderators. And you can act like as much of an ass as you want as long as you act like an ass on YouTwitFace to the people the Mods disagree with.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    OK not to be rude or anything but no there is no similarity's at all. FB is multi-level publicly traded deal so they are subject to a whole other level of regulations than we are. Read the thread. They steal and trade your info and work it from every angle. They have had their feet held to the fire in the congress and promised to be fair in how they ran the site. Not true. They are not fair and un-biased. Not even close.

I will not ban you for expressing your opinion if you do it in a civil manner. Regardless of your opinion. Civility is the key.
    1...get snarky.......draws attention.
    2...get angry and call names, yeah you make the list.
    3...When asked to step back and take a deep breath......and you continue to get that last word in......Oh yeah you are for sure gonna get some attention.

FB is nothing like that. I have 4 7 day and 2 30 day set offs on my record for merely stating facts. Some Karen or a Karen with a package reports me because they were offended and bam.
    Thats not the way it works here no matter what our latest shooter says.
    OK, I'm on board with all that - I'm not on FB and have the opinion that the users are they product, not their customer. FB has a financial incentive to fan the flames of division to keep eyes glued to it.

But someone said FB gets "special protection". Is that somehow codified into a law that isn't applicable to other web forums such as INGO?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    INGO rules in applicable cases are designed to prevent the question from being raised. FB, by contrast, wants protection for allowing sewage that INGO does not allow, but also wants to curate content for political reasons in such a way that it does in fact serve as a publisher of material by virtue of creating content but still wants to disavow that standard denying itself to be a publisher but rather a distributor of 3rd party content.

INGO would have to let MAIG, the Brady Campaign, and the mommies that need diddled all say whatever they want here and take a hands off approach to content to be eligible for those protections. FB, Twitter, et alia, are trying to have it both ways.
    So, INGO is responsible for their content, unlike "major" forums?

And for those not familiar with Section 230:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So, INGO is responsible for their content, unlike "major" forums?

And for those not familiar with Section 230:

So far as I can tell from observation INGO has not followed that path. Neither Fenway nor TexKev ever made a declaration of which I am aware.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    OK, I'm on board with all that - I'm not on FB and have the opinion that the users are they product, not their customer. FB has a financial incentive to fan the flames of division to keep eyes glued to it.

But someone said FB gets "special protection". Is that somehow codified into a law that isn't applicable to other web forums such as INGO?
    Why the obsession with this question. It’s not controversial.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So far as I can tell from observation INGO has not followed that path. Neither Fenwzy nor TexKev ever made a declaration of which I am aware.
    Oh. I remember that Fenwzy guy. His friends call him zy (zee) for short. Had a nice car too. Some kinda high dollar sports jobby.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    @Kutnupe14 can give the long version.

Bring coffee.

Cliff's Notes:

Trump is bad and is perceived as a threat to Liberty and the Constitution. A vote will not be cast for Trump.

So, instead of casting a vote for a candidate with a platform consistent with the limitations placed upon the central state in the Constitution, a vote is cast for a candidate with the stated objective of infringing upon Liberty and disregarding the Constitution.
    Doesn’t even scratch the surface.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why the obsession with this question. It’s not controversial.
    If you read his posts its how his mind works. Love him/hate him no matter it is a fun ride. He will side step/jump over/twist back to the beginning and in the end nothing has changed.

Man if he can not see the differences I quit.
    Tex get my last check and vacation pay ready. I am out.

Top Bottom