• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ELMO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Kokomo, Indiana
    You will only be able to shoot the revolver in double action mode. If that is what you like it should be alright. It takes more practice shooting double action only is the only thing. You might do a search for Jerry Michlick ( I know I misspelled his last name) he is a pro shooter for the S&W team. This guy is awesome when it comes to shooting revolvers..... By the way the GP100 is a great gun...

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Thanks Kokomo ELMO. I was curious to how popular that particular DA revolver is.
    From what I understand this is an excellent home def. choice as far as DA only vs DA/SA.
    Maybe more will chime in with their experiences.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I have the same revolver with a regular hammer and will be shooting it tomorrow at the NWI shoot and meet at the Winamac range. Built better than it needs to be and with cleaning should last forever. Enjoy your revolver. Have two other smaller revolvers without hammers for pocket carry, but the GP-100 is to big and heavy for that type of carry.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Ruger's GP100 is the best gun I've ever had! Solid, tough, reliable, etc...I can't say enough about it. It's definitely an 'overbuilt' gun, but it won't let you down.

Try a set of Wolff Springs in it...they can dampen that trigger pull just a bit, making the DAO shooting style a bit more comfortable.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The GP100 is one of the best, if not the best, service .357s available. Fans of the 686 series may disagree with the "best" designation :D They are tough, accurate, and I like the triggers. Firing full power .357s from them is actually pleasant, aside from the fact that I hate the muzzle blast from the 125gr JHP loads from any .357. I've not owned the DA only version, but my GP100 was a great gun. It's really not that hard to master the DA pull, but does take practice.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I used to have one and loved it (regular hammer). Loved it. I carry a SP101 2.25" which is pretty much a mini version of this. Been thinking quite seriously about selling my Colt Python to fund buying a 6" version and another toy again. The Python is a great gun but I'm not convinced it's great enough to be worth the cost of more than 2 GP100s, especially with aftermarket spring options.

Top Bottom