• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I can't help but think that there was some Divine Providence going on here! :) It's good to hear things worked out. The young man was very lucky....many times there is no second chance with firearms. Sounds like the lesson will linger on into the house repair phase...good way to help him remember.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    #1) Glad that you and yours are OK

#2) get that exterior hole secured ASAP. You do NOT want water infiltration between now and the time it takes you to get the house painted.

#3) very glad that you and yours are OK

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I gotta be honest, for a second I thought the thread was about Negligent Dishwashing.

Like as in "My wife was been negligent in her dishwashing responsibility..." maybe I should just shut up right now.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    Wow, this is too close for comfort.

Glad to hear you're alright and that the kid will be doing "community" service at your house by direction of his parents and not the court system.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    This is why I don't like to do the dishes!! Seriously, know I know someone that almost got shot while doing dishes!!

Glad no-one was hurt!!

Did you ask for the 12 ga as payment for damages?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    This is why I don't like to do the dishes!! Seriously, know I know someone that almost got shot while doing dishes!!

Glad no-one was hurt!!

Did you ask for the 12 ga as payment for damages?

Well, the gun in question is an HK imported Benelli, so I think that would be a fair offer.:D

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Oh I wouldn't call it nonchalant... Between the ass-chewing from me, my wife and his dad, the young man did get quite the ear full.

Had I known what happened the instant that it happened, the outcome surely would have been different.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I think my training would have taken over and I would have started bugging out right then and there. I'd be slicing the pie looking for the perp.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I think my training would have taken over and I would have started bugging out right then and there. I'd be slicing the pie looking for the perp.

That's easy to say when you weren't there. Hell, I'd have said the same thing once. The fact of the matter is that the sound was more like something falling than what it actually was. Had I known it was a gunshot, my reaction would have been drastically different.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    Man I am seriously glad everyone is OK, that could have gone bad sooo easily!

You obviously should wear your body armor while doin' the dishes!

(hidden cam footage at VPDBlue's house)
    dscn0150_em-dishes.jpg

Joking aside,this pic is disturbing. Why would you keep something like this around?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Wow. I'm glad your ok! I'm actually very curious if the boy still ended up going to the range. And if you invited him to go to FNS with you tonight?

If this had happened to me, I would have wanted a drink, lots of drinks. And I don't drink.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    he'll be doing most of the grunt work when my house gets painted next month...

that seems to me to be a fair punishment to sink the lesson in.

since you brought it up, that reminds me of the time when we were unloading our shotguns after hunting one time, and my brother put a 16ga deer slug into the bed of our '85 suburban... I was standing next to him, and I hit the deck ASAP, and my brother about :poop:'d his pants.

Top Bottom