• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    To the OP. Thanks for posting a good experience. I think I might just post a recent one of mine.

isp worte a warning thats a surprise to me, i didnt think they were so kind
    your wife got real lucky most state police officers do not issue warnings that like to give tickets
    From what I've heard I must be the exception, 4 out of the 5 times I've been stopped by ISP I've gotten warnings. Although on one of the warnings I went to jail , turned out I had a warrant I didn't know about until I was pulled over, but he didn't issue tickets for the reasons he pulled me over. And he handled it great from my point of view. He went out of his way to make me comfortable and save me time in jail. He let me sit in the front with hands cuffed in front and drove to the next county to eliminate extradition time. And we had a pretty good conversation on the way there.

A lot of that was because how I handled it, when he got out of his car the second time I knew I wasn't going to be driving away unless I ran:cool:. In the mirror I saw him putting his baton in his belt, checking his pistol, putting on gloves, and carrying no ticket book or my DL/registration :eek:, it was pretty obvious. So I shut off the car, put the keys on the dashboard and stuck my hands out the window. While he was patting me down he asked if I knew I had a warrant because of what I did. I told him what I saw and that I figured something had showed up, he say okay and I that I told him how he messed up in case of someone violent. It was a win win in my eyes, I was treated much better than an average person with a warrant and he learned a bit.

Heck I passed one going according to radar at 14 miles an hour over, I didn't think the car would even go that fast because the speedo was off, honestly. He had me get out of the car and sit in his because his was farther off the road so it was safer. He never asked if I was armed.

The conversation at the end is kinda funny imo, right before he gave me the warning he was filling out, he said "I know it's getting close to Christmas"(it was very early December) and I butted in and said "yes I know, but I know your only doing your job" and he replied with a smile "I was about to say I'm giving you a warning".

Another stop was rolling a stop sign on the way home from work, I had an revoked DL for failing to show proof of insurance, and yes I had insurance but didn't get the letter from the DMV. I got the revocation letter and had the insurance person send the info to the state but it hadn't gotten through the system yet to get my DL reinstated. The trooper asked for my DL and I told him what was going on, and he said okay and asked why I was still driving until it was cleared up, I told him I had a 2 year old who liked to eat and that I had to work for him to do so. I drove away with a verbal to be extra careful until it was cleared up.

The only time a state trooper gave me a ticket was when I had imo a semi reasonable excuse. My wife was telling me her transmission was acting up so I took it to work to try it out. It didn't mess up on the way to work, so on the way home there was a longish, steepish hill, so I hit the gas on it to test the tranny... He got me at 11 over the limit. Speed limit was 35 going into a 45.

Top Bottom