Ever Have a Paranormal Experience While in the Woods?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    When we bought the place we're living in now--That first year or so, sometimes while mowing the yard, I had a really strong feeling somebody was watching me. I was really weird and strong. But I haven't experienced it for several seasons now.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    In 1998 my Grandmother passed away in her home from a massive stroke. About 6 months later we had the house cleaned up and put on the market. A mother and her daughter came to look at the house from Ohio. They viewed the house and everything seemed fine when the daughter approached me and my mom. She said did someone just recently die in the house, my Mom confirmed that my Grandmother/her mom had passed away. The daughter proceeded to describe my grandmothers appearance and the exact location my grandmother had died in the house. Kind of spooky to me

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    15 years ago, with my first GF. she was a MAGNET for this kind of crap.
    we were doing things in the back of a pickup, in the middle of the woods.
    she saw it, i heard, but neither of us did both.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    So many stories. Perhaps the mind playing tricks. Perhaps the open minded accepting what is really out and upon us.
    As an American citizen well versed in ancient philosophy, I've read and seen things that cannot be explained with 2 dimensional understandings. UFOs perhaps. Ghosts you may say. My opinion is that of Transcendentalism. Multi-universal interpretations.
    Mother nature comes alive regardless of what we want to believe. Keep an open mind and she will speak volumes of beauty and dreadful reality.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    We were camping in Ouabache State Park near Bluffton last summer. We were coming back from dinner in Decatur, it was dark out already. We stopped at the main gate and proceeded back to the campground. Roughly half way back we started to round a corner and I saw a human shaped figure near the road. It quickly moved about 5 feet and disappeared into the woods. I immediately looked at my wife and she was already looking at me. She said "what the F wast that"? It was all one color, kind of a whitish-grey. It had arms, legs, head, maybe 6 feet tall and moved very fast. I was happy I was not the only person to see it or I would have thought I was crazy.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    i once caught a glimpse of what appeared to be a soldier, probably civil war-era, at France Park. The uniform was blue-gray. It was fall, a cloudy day, no leaves on the trees. I saw him just for a few seconds. I don't think i imagined it, I don't go around thinking about things like that usually!

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    When I was a teenager I saw the Northern Lights while sitting in a deer stand...until that time I did not know they were ever visible to us in Indiana. (I know...not paranormal,but it was a very strange experience).

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Can we get the full story on that one?
    1988 or '89 myself and 4 others were setting up our bows and checking everything out getting ready for a "military hunt" in northern Indiana. We were getting all our gear loaded into the vans and trucks just preparing for the weekend hunt around Angola.
    A little after dark we were just sitting around having a couple of cold ones planning our strategies and detailing everything.
    We noticed a light in the distance kept getting closer and closer.
    It got within approximately 200 yards of us and hovered in a field across the road.
    One of my stupid/retarded/fearless friends decided to go check it out. Naturally being of strong male hormonal stupidity I had to go with him so as not to lose my "Man Card" (testicles).
    We approaced to approximately 75 yards and could tell it was "opaque? as almost see through but not quite.
    It emitted a pulsating hum in a low frequency and as we continued closer it seemed to have a solid form behind the opaque exterior.
    Not wanting to seem like the ChickenShirt I was feeling like at the time I continued along with my brain damaged, logically challenged friend.
    At maybe 60 yards at that point we heard a bunch of sirens, lights, and saw a couple of helos with search llights on headed our way.
    There must have been 50 vehicles converging at a high rate of speed on our location.
    And then, this "thing" decided to move. It took off from the hover position it was in. The pulsating hummings increased and then that FU..ER was GONE.
    I mean into the FU..ING sky with a blink. Nothing you can imagine moves that fast.
    State Police and more "official vehicles tore down the road past us on that direction. They slowed down to a stop about an 1/8 mile down the road after it took off into the sky.
    It was in many of our local newspapers with over 200 witnesses.
    I'll add one more thing here. I've seen something. UFO, USAF secret aircraft, I don't know what I saw.
    But I DID see it, felt the pulsations, and heard it.

And in keeping with our gun lives here....I was carrying my old GCNM 1911 and buddy had a Super Redhawk Stainless. Both guns were in hand as we approached.
    I needed a bigger gun. Talking about feeling under gunned.

Last edited:

grahamsy2k

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Terre Haute
    We were camping in Ouabache State Park near Bluffton last summer. We were coming back from dinner in Decatur, it was dark out already. We stopped at the main gate and proceeded back to the campground. Roughly half way back we started to round a corner and I saw a human shaped figure near the road. It quickly moved about 5 feet and disappeared into the woods. I immediately looked at my wife and she was already looking at me. She said "what the F wast that"? It was all one color, kind of a whitish-grey. It had arms, legs, head, maybe 6 feet tall and moved very fast. I was happy I was not the only person to see it or I would have thought I was crazy.

My girlfriend has seen something like this.
    Her story,
    She was driving with her brother and father on their land headed to a cabin they had bulit and the road went up a small hill. She said as they were going up the hill she said she saw tall human shaped figure that was all white moving at the top of the hill. As they drove up the thing moved into the woods and she didn't see it again.

She tells that story every time we have friends over at the cabin to try and scare them.

Also, has anyone here ever heard of slenderman? If not just search him. It will make you not want to be in the woods alone ever again. :laugh:

marcum man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    Bourbon
    i once caught a glimpse of what appeared to be a soldier, probably civil war-era, at France Park. The uniform was blue-gray. It was fall, a cloudy day, no leaves on the trees. I saw him just for a few seconds. I don't think i imagined it, I don't go around thinking about things like that usually!
    nope, you did not imagine it. I've seen him too. I seen him at the creek above the waterfall

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    I fell asleep once while hunting, nothing happened, but a pile of the largest deer scat ive ever seen appeared 3 feet from me that wasnt there before my nap.

Top Bottom