Uranus
    i-can-deflect-bullets-with-my-body.png

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I don't even know what to say to say. It's like arguing with liberals. We provide real evidence, citing examples, and you still believe it is possible for a Glock to fire if dropped. I took a hammer to the back of my Glock yesterday. Smacked it right on the back of the slide. Damn gun scratched my hammer. It didn't go off. It can't.

Someone who is arguing against us please provide the explanation for how a Glock can fire without the trigger being pulled.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Someone who is arguing against us please provide the explanation for how a Glock can fire without the trigger being pulled.

Can't speak for your personal one, because I don't know the model or construction year...but if they were so accident proof from day one, why did they need six parts [STRIKE]recalls[/STRIKE] "upgrades" and a frame "re-engineering" to get them to the point of not firing during the "DEA Frisbee test" before they were authorized again for FBI use?
    :dunno:
    Maybe your gun is 100% safe and maybe not. Personally, I've got no dog in your fight, so I really don't care...so long as you don't cartwheel it on the ground in my direction. ;)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I don't even know what to say to say. It's like arguing with liberals. We provide real evidence, citing examples, and you still believe it is possible for a Glock to fire if dropped. I took a hammer to the back of my Glock yesterday. Smacked it right on the back of the slide. Damn gun scratched my hammer. It didn't go off. It can't.

Take the FN Magic Glock out of the equation and answer the question posed.

Q: DO YOU THINK TEACHING UNSAFE GUN HANDLING IS A GOOD IDEA?

YES OR NO

N5sIhGeJ-daUf-YjNb-0P3Ijte5JaIW.jpg

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Let's keep it simple. No one cares if your Glock is drop safe. That isn't the point. The point is that all guns are not drop safe. It is my belief that anyone providing firearms training that includes throwing a loaded gun around is unsafe. It sends the wrong message. Guns are dangerous. That's why we like them. If you are comfortable throwing yours around and beating it with a hammer then have at it. I just don't believe that kind of activity is appropriate in a training environment. I know instructors think students hang on every word they say. It isn't so. My concern is someone less experienced and less knowledgeable not showing proper respect for something that could change their life forever. I would not want to be the cause of that. I wouldn't recommend any instructor who had such a casual attitude with safety. But that's just me.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Take the FN Magic Glock out of the equation and answer the question posed.

Q: DO YOU THINK TEACHING UNSAFE GUN HANDLING IS A GOOD IDEA?

YES OR NO

No.

What do you think is unsafe about it? My finger is off the trigger, and the muzzle is pointed in a safe direction.

Have you ever stood downrange while someone was shooting behind you? I have, and it was training. That is considered unsafe by many people. I have stood downrange many times during live firing. Do I feel that's unsafe? Not necessarily, and I definitely don't see dropping a loaded gun as unsafe.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I dropped my holstered Kimber once. Had just picked picked it up from the kitchen table and was heading for the back of the house when my wife came over to kiss hubby goodnight. My 1911 was in Condition 1 as always, the holster I usually carry has no thumb break. It slipped out of my hand onto the linoleum floor. The leather holster absorbed most of the hit. No damage whatsoever, no discharge. My immediate, almost instinctive reaction was to step between the point of impact and my wife while the pistol was falling. That was just a few months after we were married. I think that earned me some serious brownie points!! She still tells her friends about that one! I just never figured I would ever have to protect her from myself! ;)

Last edited:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I was chasing a guy once on foot. I heard him throw his gun into a yard. I picked it up and found him hiding shortly thereafter. When I screwed my S&W 5943 into his ear and advised him that I would kill him if he did anything stupid, his Jennings was in my back pocket. It did not fire all by itself.

One time, I stopped a guy from shooting his 9mm Lorcin into the air by pointing my 870 at him and ordering him to put the gun on the ground. I put my right foot on the gun to secure it, while I waited for another Officer to show up and cuff him. The Lorcin did not go off with my foot on it. I did worry about that for a while while I my foot was on it. His name was Rufus. For real. I got his hand gun permit revoked and he was convicted of Criminal Recklessness.

I have total confidence in the Glock platform to only fire when the trigger is deliberately squeezed. That is my sole vote for the gun.

I carried a Glock 17 for many years. I have complete confidence in it.

Top Bottom