• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    This is only a rumor over heard in a locker room.

Just got done working out at Tri State Athletic club. When I was getting dressed I over heard a lawyer saying how he had to be downtown after the tennis game. He said that "they are trying to put a shooting gallery in next door." He did not say who, when, or where, just that there was some opposition to it due to being too close to a school.

Anyway I do hope it's true that someone is trying to open a indoor range, and that thy succeed.

I do know that S&S guns ( the guy who does the Whittaker's Gun's runs) in in the building across the street from Tri-State but I'm sure that building if full. There are lot vacant building close by. :yesway:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    FYI, Right to Bear Arms in Huabstadt (between Evansville & Fort Branch), now has their indoor ranges open, details:
    2 separate, 5-bay ranges @ 25yds, limit is up to 300 win mag, can't remember fps.
    5-bay archery range.

Costs: $18/hour, $12/half hour, $6 (for friend/family using same lane)
    $300 for single membership, $450 family.
    (as long as no one is waiting, members can shoot as long as they want, 1-hour limit if peeps are waiting).

I've been there 3x now, & loving it, ROs are nice but keep it safe, ventilation is spectacular, & so far, not crowded.

Targets hang by clipping them to the wire drive mechanism, thus far, they've had plenty of cardboard to use.

You can pick up your own brass, just have to use your "range time" to do it, not after times up.

They have a few handguns to rent, I saw 9mm XDS, .40 Sig 320, 9mm HK VP9, a 1911 (can't remember which one), & I believe I saw a High Point. Some others as well, memory is failing me.

No, I'm not an owner, but they've treated me pretty good since they opened, & I drive right by them daily. Much nicer than driving out to Sugar Ridge FWA & hoping it's not crowded.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    FYI, Right to Bear Arms in Huabstadt (between Evansville & Fort Branch), now has their indoor ranges open, details:
    2 separate, 5-bay ranges @ 25yds, limit is up to 300 win mag, can't remember fps.
    5-bay archery range.

(as long as no one is waiting, members can shoot as long as they want, 1-hour limit if peeps are waiting).

I've been there 3x now, & loving it, ROs are nice but keep it safe, ventilation is spectacular, & so far, not crowded.

Targets hang by clipping them to the wire drive mechanism, thus far, they've had plenty of cardboard to use.

You can pick up your own brass, just have to use your "range time" to do it, not after times up.

They have a few handguns to rent, I saw 9mm XDS, .40 Sig 320, 9mm HK VP9, a 1911 (can't remember which one), & I believe I saw a High Point. Some others as well, memory is failing me.

No, I'm not an owner, but they've treated me pretty good since they opened, & I drive right by them daily. Much nicer than driving out to Sugar Ridge FWA & hoping it's not crowded.

Hey great report there. I also drive by daily and have done plenty of business with them in the past. I'm looking forward to trying that range out.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    RTBA's range is excellent and a great advancement for the area. The archery range is bigger than 5 bays I think, it's about 45' wide. The Uncle Rudy's range is the same package:10 bays in 2 sets of 5.

dailylc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Evansville
    Was at the plan commission meeting tonight. John Rudolph is the man putting this together. He has done everything correct. Met with all the neighboring business and worked out all the complaints and issues with them. This is going to be a top notch range on the east side. A lot better then the last one we had. Looks like late spring opening if all goes well.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    FYI, Right to Bear Arms in Huabstadt

i was drooling over a used stainless p229 and the employee told me that i could rent any used gun to shoot on the range (don't hold me to it but i think he said 5 bucks)

paulh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Evansville
    5-bay archery range.

Do you have to join to use the range? I understood you have to be a member

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Uncle Rudy's Indoor Firing Range

We will be located at 5000 Plaza East Blvd, right next to Tri-State Athletic Club.Here's what you'll get at Uncle Rudy's

A place to shoot year round - Open when you want to shoot! We will be open Wednesday thru Saturday 12:00 to 8:00, Sunday 12:00-6:00, and closed Monday and Tuesday.

Archery, Rifle, and Pistol ranges along with rental equipment. Our lanes are well lit, handicap accessible, family friendly spaces to enjoy shooting!

Community outreach programs to educate the public on firearm safety and ways to enjoy shooting sports and keep your family safe. NRA Certified Instructors will be on staff for your convenience.

Clean, well lit ranges and classrooms for all our courses. NRA classes, NASP private lessons and coaching, and scouting merit badges are a few of the courses on our calendar, and this is just the beginning!

Print your own target kiosk. We'll have a virtually unlimited target variety for your shooting pleasure. From Battleship to Billiards, our fun targets make shooting a 'blast'!

A lounge area. Take a break from shooting and have a soda or a snack. Bring a friend and catch up before class. Relax, chat, hangout for a while. When you're ready, go shoot some more!

A pro shop, featuring fantastic products such as safety gear, targets, ammunition, high quality air rifles and NASP approved bows and accessories.

http://shop.unclerudys.net/Range-Passes-and-Memberships_c10.htm://shop.unclerudys.net/Range-Passes-and-Memberships_c10.htm

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Do you have to join to use the range? I understood you have to be a member

Sorry for super late reply. No, you don't have to be a member. The hourly/half rates listed in my post above are non-member rates. Members don't pay any other fees, just the initials yearly fee.

They allow reloads, no steel.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    The only downside is you cannot shoot reloaded ammo at Uncle Rudy's, Bummer for us guys that reload everything that we shoot.

Interesting, I see nothing in the range rules about reloads. I do recall seeing the caution that picking up and using unspent rounds is cautioned against because it may be a reloaded cartridge and the charge could remotely be improper and a risk to discharge.

Bigdog357

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 4, 2015
    Indiana
    Look again, Range rules in the blue section at the bottom - Note - For your safety and the other around you, HOME RELOADS and some misc other things are not allowed. Its is the only reason I did not buy a membership to this facility. I don't need a range trying to protect me from my own reloads. Hey its their business, they have a right to run it any way that they want, I have a right to take my business somewhere else.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Look again, Range rules in the blue section at the bottom - Note - For your safety and the other around you, HOME RELOADS and some misc other things are not allowed. Its is the only reason I did not buy a membership to this facility. I don't need a range trying to protect me from my own reloads. Hey its their business, they have a right to run it any way that they want, I have a right to take my business somewhere else.
    That's a bummer. Does that rule exist at RTBA?

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    The only downside is you cannot shoot reloaded ammo at Uncle Rudy's, Bummer for us guys that reload everything that we shoot.

Nice catch, I wasn't looking there. It doesn't really effect me because simply having convenient access to a range is a much higher priority than rolling my own.

I would guess it is an insurance requirement.

Top Bottom