• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    I'm going to be heading down the weekend of this gun show, wondering if this gun show is worth attending? I know a local show where I live hasn't been worth attending pretty much the whole year.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Don't know about this particular show, but the past few I've attended here in Evansville have been mostly worthless. Everything was way too expensive. I couldn't even find any modest deals. Honestly, the classifieds on INGO are a better place for fair prices.

Split

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Evansville
    The 4-H show going on next weekend (May 16-17) is usually not as bad as the National Guard Armory Show. The weekend you'll be in is the Armory show, it's small and way too expensive with a $5 entry fee. If you want to pickup a Mosin for $400 go for it.

You're better off just going to Dave's Gun Shop up near Holland or heading across the bridge in Owensboro to Whitaker's. Both already have better prices than the Armory show and Whitaker's might have more guns.

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    Sounds like I'm skipping the Armory show. Thanks for letting me know. I'm mapping out a route to head down so I can stop by a couple gun shops on the way. There's only 1 store near me that has any .40 ammo in stock. First time I bought ammo there it was a 1 box/caliber limit, second time I was able to buy 2. Figure I'll buy a couple boxes each place that has any. I picked a bad time to start shooting once a month. And if I don't find any on the way down I'll just have to drink more with the rednecks on Saturday night since I'll have the extra money.

Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    ive been to the armory show a few times, it kinda sucks because it seems like its random people every time, and 1/3 of it is knives and other crap

most of it is overpriced/not interesting to me except once there was a guy with a whole section with a bunch of nice reasonably priced handguns, 1911's and hard to find stuff

ive only been to the 4h show once ever, and as i was walking out the door i turned back around to walk in and find someone and they bitched at me and told me to go around to the other door, seems like theres alot more used stuff there but i dont remember the prices (this was pre-obama)

Top Bottom