• Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Sometimes the truth hurts.

Man, look, your opinion is yours and yours alone. You are certainly entitled to it, but are you posting because you are adding vital information or do you want people to know you don't necessarily like the guy? If you want to post some information that will help people or provide some insight as to why you feel the way you do, feel free to do it. Other than that, you appear to be nothing but a troll who wants attention. Believe me, you aren't hurting anyone.

I went to they guys class with an open mind (no, I did not love him or hate him). I stayed in him home and broke bread with him. I asked him tough questions and he answered them honestly. When he was wrong he admitted it and when he believed he was right, he demonstrated why he believed it to be so.

I'll be posting an AAR and a video and I'm sure esrice will do the same. I'm sure some will receive the information and some will not. I honestly doubt we will sway anyone in either direction who already had a made up mind, but that's life.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Man, look, your opinion is yours and yours alone. You are certainly entitled to it, but are you posting because you are adding vital information or do you want people to know you don't necessarily like the guy? If you want to post some information that will help people or provide some insight as to why you feel the way you do, feel free to do it. Other than that, you appear to be nothing but a troll who wants attention. Believe me, you aren't hurting anyone.

I went to they guys class with an open mind (no, I did not love him or hate him). I stayed in him home and broke bread with him. I asked him tough questions and he answered them honestly. When he was wrong he admitted it and when he believed he was right, he demonstrated why he believed it to be so.

I'll be posting an AAR and a video and I'm sure esrice will do the same. I'm sure some will receive the information and some will not. I honestly doubt we will sway anyone in either direction who already had a made up mind, but that's life.

If speaking my mind makes me a "troll", so be it. I think he got what he deserved. He ran his mouth off, and he is paying for it. It seems to me he is only trying to save face. I feel a certain way about certain things, but there is a time and a place. A lot of people are emotional about the current situation we as gun owners are facing, but going on a rant like he did solves nothing. He needs to know that some of us do not back him in his legal battles. I just so happen to be one of those people.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    If speaking my mind makes me a "troll", so be it. I think he got what he deserved. He ran his mouth off, and he is paying for it. It seems to me he is only trying to save face. I feel a certain way about certain things, but there is a time and a place. A lot of people are emotional about the current situation we as gun owners are facing, but going on a rant like he did solves nothing. He needs to know that some of us do not back him in his legal battles. I just so happen to be one of those people.

wait, so you don't support his 1st amendment rights, OR his 2nd amendment rights?

You don't have to agree with him or what he says, I will agree with you on that, but you do have to agree it is his right to say it, and then pulling his LTCH because they don't agree with what he says doesn't seem right to me either.

They are opening up a pretty big can of works (IMO) by taking his license/permit/whatever based on what he says in a youtube video.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Noted and thanks for your input.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    wait, so you don't support his 1st amendment rights, OR his 2nd amendment rights?

You don't have to agree with him or what he says, I will agree with you on that, but you do have to agree it is his right to say it, and then pulling his LTCH because they don't agree with what he says doesn't seem right to me either.

They are opening up a pretty big can of works (IMO) by taking his license/permit/whatever based on what he says in a youtube video.

Clay, we had several extensive conversations with Yeager about that video. The most interesting feedback he provided is that his close friends said, "Man, are you retarded?" He noted that NONE of them agreed with him putting his thoughts out there like that, but NONE of them disagreed with his sentiment. I'll post more on this later.

Now, if anyone here agrees that our elected government officials are right to fight to take away our rights, then you certainly have the right to believe that; however, I agree with Yeager that it's wrong. Will I shoot someone over it? No, I would not and neither would Yeager.

As for saving face? Yeah, when you are a an adult with the ability to examine your own actions and see that you are wrong, yes, you admit it. It's stupid to stand on your words when you know they are wrong, but refuse to admit it. That would only show a certain level of narcissism, stubbornness and maybe some other kind of mental deficiency.

The most difficult words for some to say in our modern society are:

1. I'm sorry.
    2. I was wrong.
    3. Please forgive me.

Some would say these are signs of weakness, but I believe meekness is a sign of strength. Some could learn a lesson from Yeager, both what to do and even what not to do.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Man, look, your opinion is yours and yours alone. ...

Clay, we had several extensive conversations with Yeager about that video. The most interesting feedback he provided is that his close friends said, "Man, are you retarded?"...
    Some would say these are signs of weakness, but I believe meekness is a sign of strength. Some could learn a lesson from Yeager, both what to do and even what not to do.

:+1:

I look forward to your AAR. :yesway:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Some people are just *******s. It doesn't always mean they suck at their day job. I am indifferent on Yeager. But I am really interested Esrice's & Que's impressions on what they've experienced and learned.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

Let me ask you a question then. If someone yelled fire in a crowded theater, would you expect there to be legal repercussions? Or what if someone yelled bomb on a plane? Is there a difference from saying you will kill people on a public forum, which You Tube is. How was anyone to know if he meant what he said literally? If I did the same thing, I would expect to face legalities. It's called taking responsibility for what you say. That's why you need to think before you speak, as some things can not be undone. As I said, he brought it on himself, therefore I feel no sympathy. If I did the same, I would expect no sympathy from others.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    he got what he deserved. He ran his mouth off
    That is NEVER a reason to deny 2nd Amendment rights.
    Was it idiotic? YES.
    Should he have done it? NO.
    Should he pay with infringement on his Rights? HELL NO.
    his close friends said, "Man, are you retarded?" He noted that NONE of them agreed with him putting his thoughts out there like that, but NONE of them disagreed with his sentiment.
    That's exactly how I see it.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    I cant wait to see the review and video. What Yeager says makes a whole of sense if you really listen. Sometimes you have to get thru Yeager being Yeager, But Hey sometimes People have to get over me being Ryan too, as is the case for everyone. Sure doesn't mean that there is not something there to be learned!

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Blah, blah, blah, youtube, blah, blah, blah,t shirts, blah, blah, blah fire in a crowded theater, blah, blah, blah, ltch, blah, blah, blah, feelings.

Let's hear about the class. Enough drama and feelings, get the AAR up! I want to hear about the instruction, not the other junk.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Blah, blah, blah, youtube, blah, blah, blah,t shirts, blah, blah, blah fire in a crowded theater, blah, blah, blah, ltch, blah, blah, blah, feelings.

Let's hear about the class. Enough drama and feelings, get the AAR up! I want to hear about the instruction, not the other junk.

+1. What I am interested in is the format of the course. There are a log of training opportunities competing for my dollar, where does fighting pistol shake out?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I didn't agree with the video that got him in trouble but do appreciate some of his other videos and have watched a bunch of them. Also, I have talked to a couple people who have nothing to gain from giving him a positive or negative review and they had nothing but positive things to say. All that being said I already have my deposit paid for an upcoming Fighting Pistol class through TR and am going with an open mind to learn.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Let me ask you a question then. If someone yelled fire in a crowded theater, would you expect there to be legal repercussions? Or what if someone yelled bomb on a plane? Is there a difference from saying you will kill people on a public forum, which You Tube is. How was anyone to know if he meant what he said literally? If I did the same thing, I would expect to face legalities. It's called taking responsibility for what you say. That's why you need to think before you speak, as some things can not be undone. As I said, he brought it on himself, therefore I feel no sympathy. If I did the same, I would expect no sympathy from others.

apples vs. oranges IMO (I could be wrong, who knows).

the two examples you give can incite panic and cause harm to others, so we all know that those are exceptions to the rule.

I don't think youtube videos would fall into this same category. (but like I said, I could be wrong).

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport

EXACTLY!

Top Bottom