• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I found this to be both sad and amusing.

FOXNews.com - Escaped Prisoner Craig 'Lazie' Lynch Taunts Police from Facebook

Serving 7 years for armed robbery Craig Lazie Lynch escaped from a prison in Britain that was...shall we say, not secure.

Suffolk Constabulary spokeswoman Anne-Marie Breach said there was nothing spectacular about Lynch's escape from the minimal-security prison, AP reports. "Basically it's an open prison," she said, calling it a place inmates "can virtually walk out of."

You gotta love the Brits. No guns, they even regulate silverware, still have a guy commit armed robbery and then put him somewhere that he can just walk away from. I think Robin Williams said it best, "no one has guns, not even the police. So if they catch you doing something, 'STOP, or I'll say "stop" again'"

We best watch some of the stuff coming over the pond.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    20,000 fans and counting, on Facebook. That's what they mean by "taunting police."

Here is his page:
    Craig 'Lazie' Lynch | Facebook

Escaped Prisoner Craig 'Lazie' Lynch Taunts Police from Facebook

An escaped British prisoner is taunting police and attracting a growing fan base from a Facebook profile page.

Craig Lazie Lynch, 28, escaped from the minimum-security Hollesly Bay Prison, near the village of Woodbridge in southern England, three months ago, the Associated Press reports.

Since then, Lynch has been regularly posting messages on a Facebook page, mocking authorities for failing to find him and publishing photos of himself while on the run.

His profile pictures have included photos of him holding a "wanted" sign, making obscene gestures and holding a roast turkey.

"if any of you was doubtin my freedom. Here's proof," he posted. "How the (expletive) could i get my hands on a bird like this in jail. ha ha." Lynch’s Facebook page had amassed thousands of fans, with many of his followers praising the escapee for his daring behavior. After Facebook deleted the wanted criminal's original page, Lynch created a new page, which currently has well over 20,000 fans.

"i aint handin myself in," Lynch wrote in one post yesterday, according to AP. "why am i going to do their job for them. What do they get payed for. And does anyone have a cannon, i need firing over the atlantic."

Lynch’s Facebook presence has spawned several other fan pages on the social networking Web site, with both fan and hate groups following the escapee's movements.

Lynch had been serving a seven-year sentence for committing armed robbery. But Suffolk Constabulary spokeswoman Anne-Marie Breach said there was nothing spectacular about Lynch's escape from the minimal-security prison, AP reports.

"Basically it's an open prison," she said, calling it a place inmates "can virtually walk out of."

Despite Lynch writing Facebook posts about planning to cross the Atlantic, police believe the escapee is still in Britain.

Lynch's Facebook profile has him located in "Wembley, London, United Kingdom," yet authorities have so far failed to find him. But Ms Breach said police were keeping close tabs on Lynch's Facebook updates. "Everyone else is," she said.

Top Bottom