• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I saw an EPD agent this morning that was carrying a firearm.

When will EPD be explaining why they do not practice that which they suggest others do?

The same agent appeared to be carrying carrying chemical repellents and other devices.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    And if you see a police officer in trouble, dont bother helping. It could be dangerous!

Whos the moron who writes this stuff?:n00b:

Yep, just run away...and don't call 911...your voice could alert the bad guys.

Whats up with the E'ville cops? They all think they are superman or something?

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    They should give realistic advice. Like if you carry, secure your weapon. In the last few years people have been dropping their guns in the malls.

Eric70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Covington
    So I guess this means it's not a good idea for me to apply for my LTCH next week? Guess I could just take some karate lessons instead.

SMHurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Safety Tips | Evansville Police Department away from home

Safety Away from Home

On the Street and Other Places
    • Let someone know where you are going and when you expect to return.
    • Walk with a friend or family member.
    • Walk with confidence and know where you are going. Be alert. Make eye contact with people you pass.
    • Watch your surroundings. Leave any places in which you are uncomfortable. Be especially alert for suspicious persons around banks, ATMs (Automated Teller Machines), stores, your home, etc.
    • Cross the street if you see someone suspicious following you.
    • Walk into an open business and call 911 if you see anyone acting suspicious or following you. Don’t go home.
    • Don’t go out alone at night, venture into unfamiliar or dark places, take shortcuts, talk to or accept rides with strangers, or hitch rides. Don’t walk in or near alleys, on deserted streets, near dark doorways or shrubbery.
    • Don’t approach vehicles even if the occupants say they need directions or assistance.
    • Consider your options in the event you are confronted, e.g., scream or blow a whistle to attract attention, flee to a safe area, etc. Decide what you plan to do and practice your responses so you can recall them in a real situation.
    • Learn self-defense. Take classes only from licensed instructors. But don’t substitute self-defense training for common sense, alertness, and caution.
    • Know where telephones are along your route.
    • Carry cash and credit cards in a pocket.
    • Carry change for emergency telephone and transportation. 911 calls are free.
    • Carry identification, medical information, names and phone numbers of people to call in emergencies.
    • Carry only necessities.
    • Avoid verbal confrontations. They may lead to physical altercations.
    • Don’t leave notes on your door when you are away from home.
    • Don’t leave keys in mailboxes or planters, under doormats, or in other obvious hiding spots. Leave an extra key with a neighbor.
    • Don’t carry a gun, knife, club, chemical spray, or other weapon. Some are illegal to carry and all could be used against you.

:facepalm:

Lets hope the new administration corrects things like this on their website.

Once again you've lost your common sense!

If you've ever been to a training session of any kind you will find its only possible to teach as fast as the weakest person in the group. If it's an older person or a very young person .... doesn't matter. You must talk on the level or train on the level of the weakest person. I doubt the police department will tell you this information but I'm sharing it with you. So, it's not possible to give blanket personal safety information without taking this concept into consideration. Not everyone will work as hard to be firearm proficient as those on this forum thus we cannot expect everyone to carry a gun to protect themselves. Hell, there are those who wish to remain sheep and that is of their own doing. The police department must talk with these sheep and give tips they can understand. There is still a certain amount of responsibility to talk with the oldest and youngest of our community to make them understand there are common sense things you can do to reduce your chances of becoming a victim. WE on this forum have chosen to carry a firearm to protect our families. We practice IDPA, IPSC, USPSA, and plink at the range to become familiar with our weapons just in case we need to use them. It is obvious that not all the safety tips apply to us but some of them are still useful.

As you read the police information, take from it what you feel is good or and throw away what you feel is poor or doesn't apply to you. Your post only shows your distain for the police.

Oh … I’ve been wanting to ask: where you work?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Once again you've lost your common sense!

If you've ever been to a training session of any kind you will find its only possible to teach as fast as the weakest person in the group. If it's an older person or a very young person .... doesn't matter. You must talk on the level or train on the level of the weakest person. I doubt the police department will tell you this information but I'm sharing it with you. So, it's not possible to give blanket personal safety information without taking this concept into consideration. Not everyone will work as hard to be firearm proficient as those on this forum thus we cannot expect everyone to carry a gun to protect themselves. Hell, there are those who wish to remain sheep and that is of their own doing. The police department must talk with these sheep and give tips they can understand. There is still a certain amount of responsibility to talk with the oldest and youngest of our community to make them understand there are common sense things you can do to reduce your chances of becoming a victim. WE on this forum have chosen to carry a firearm to protect our families. We practice IDPA, IPSC, USPSA, and plink at the range to become familiar with our weapons just in case we need to use them. It is obvious that not all the safety tips apply to us but some of them are still useful.

As you read the police information, take from it what you feel is good or and throw away what you feel is poor or doesn't apply to you. Your post only shows your distain for the police.

Oh … I’ve been wanting to ask: where you work?

how exactly was he, or anyone else on this thread, showing "disdain for the police"?

The fallacy of the bolded part of the list has merely been discussed..

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    How about EPD trying not carrying guns first to show us how it's done.

Then report back to us about how much safer THEY ARE disarmed...:laugh:

There's very few things I hate more than hypocrisy!

Top Bottom