Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    http://www.evansvillepolice.com/safety-tips#safety away from home

Safety Away from Home

On the Street and Other Places
    • Let someone know where you are going and when you expect to return.
    • Walk with a friend or family member.
    • Walk with confidence and know where you are going. Be alert. Make eye contact with people you pass.
    • Watch your surroundings. Leave any places in which you are uncomfortable. Be especially alert for suspicious persons around banks, ATMs (Automated Teller Machines), stores, your home, etc.
    • Cross the street if you see someone suspicious following you.
    • Walk into an open business and call 911 if you see anyone acting suspicious or following you. Don’t go home.
    • Don’t go out alone at night, venture into unfamiliar or dark places, take shortcuts, talk to or accept rides with strangers, or hitch rides. Don’t walk in or near alleys, on deserted streets, near dark doorways or shrubbery.
    • Don’t approach vehicles even if the occupants say they need directions or assistance.
    • Consider your options in the event you are confronted, e.g., scream or blow a whistle to attract attention, flee to a safe area, etc. Decide what you plan to do and practice your responses so you can recall them in a real situation.
    • Learn self-defense. Take classes only from licensed instructors. But don’t substitute self-defense training for common sense, alertness, and caution.
    • Know where telephones are along your route.
    • Carry cash and credit cards in a pocket.
    • Carry change for emergency telephone and transportation. 911 calls are free.
    • Carry identification, medical information, names and phone numbers of people to call in emergencies.
    • Carry only necessities.
    • Avoid verbal confrontations. They may lead to physical altercations.
    • Don’t leave notes on your door when you are away from home.
    • Don’t leave keys in mailboxes or planters, under doormats, or in other obvious hiding spots. Leave an extra key with a neighbor.
    • Don’t carry a gun, knife, club, chemical spray, or other weapon. Some are illegal to carry and all could be used against you.

:facepalm:

Lets hope the new administration corrects things like this on their website.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Makes perfect sense to me. I'm getting tired of carrying my vajazzled gun strictly as a fashion statement.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Hahahaha, reminds me of a stupid policy my high school had on fighting. They called it "duck N run". Seems alot easier to just exercise your 2nd amendment rights.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Sub thread: Purple implied

EPD reasons why NOT to carry a gun:

1. It could be taken from you by a 5 year old girl

2. It scares the Zoo going public

3. It scares the Zoo Management

4. It scares EPD

5. And so on and so forth

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    The best part is that when you search their site for "weapon" that part that pops up says: "...carry a gun, knife, club or chemical spray or other weapon."

I thought WOW some good advice! I should show that to INGO since there are so many of us that have issues with law enforcement agencies... So I clicked on the link and searched for a while before I read it, and re-read it. And re-searched and re-read it again. Nope. It really does say that.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Of course, I expect this sort of personal finger pointing in my hometown :rolleyes:

...but not Evansville... I hardly ever even go there!?!? :dunno:

They sure called you out! Hey my local IDPA matches almost always have an ATM stage. I always try to OC on them in your honor :D

They also always have dog stages (shoot the dog)... Someone doesn't like dogs or ATMs much.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    T_Frost - I'm starting to understand your earlier attitude on being nice with the local PD. Maybe you should move somewhere where the local PD is cooler. :D

Top Bottom