• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    LMAO I have used the environment safe made from 100% recycled paper TP last time I went camping the EX-GF bought it at Bass Pro and let me tell you if I did not need it to wipe my bunghole I could have used it to sand callouses off, remove varnish, traction tape.

I like my soft TP one of life's little pleasures.

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    I don't think you'll have any trouble finding volunteers!
    Haha!

And +1 to IndyRoadie. I was going to find that and post it.

Greenpeace is stupid. Fine, we'll be up a whole 4% instead of 1% growth if these measures were put in place in 1986.

But you have to agree, T.P. is in and of itself wasteful. I think it's a noble goal to reduce the use. And there's a point to that; we loooooooove our T.P. VERY difficult to change behavior...

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    No one has used the "cold dead fingers" line yet? Come on!

And, no, I have no intentions of using crappy, smearing, tp that works as well as phone book pages. And my days of wearing cloth that is intended to be pooped on are long, long over.

If it floats your boat, fine. Just leave my boat alone.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Production and cleaning of "family towels" will consume much
    more energy and materials than TP.

Who dreams up these ideas?

The same people that believe that we are losing 100s of endangered species a day.

The same people that quote how much deforestation has taken place, without talking about how much replanting has taken place.

The same people that believe that melting icebergs will raise sea levels.

THOSE people :D

Dtruck260

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Roanoke, Indiana
    A more realistic reform to make TP more environmentally friendly would be to accept natural colors instead of bleached white...and to manufacture it from sustainable tree farms.

Yep, while I support any choice an individual makes in their home, less bleached fibers in a business setting saves money and the environment. Many times (Like all times really) there is no difference in texture bleached to unbleached

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I hate to be Mr. Obvious here, but want to point out that recylced toilet paper doesn't necessarily mean it is made out of used toilet paper. It is toilet paper made from other recycled paper materials (like mentioned in the article). Just like recycled copy paper isn't just old copy paper ground up and turned into new copy paper. :n00b:

I personally don't see any issue if my TP is made from new trees or recycled materials, as long as it is a) soft, and b) does the job it is supposed to do. I'm sure there are some very talented TP engineers out there that can figure out how to make toilet paper made from recycled products be just as soft.

But whatever you do, don't make me use on of those butt washers. I tried one a few years ago when I was in Japan, partly out of curiousity, and partly because the buttons on the toilet were in Japanese, and it was not a pleasent experience, nor one that I want to relive.

skier11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Bainbridge
    I was listening to a bunch of this junk on the radio yesterday. They were talking about recycling toilet paper! How do you do that? I like trees as much as the next guy.....they make really soft DISPOSIBLE toilet paper!

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    I hate to be Mr. Obvious here, but want to point out that recylced toilet paper doesn't necessarily mean it is made out of used toilet paper. It is toilet paper made from other recycled paper materials (like mentioned in the article). Just like recycled copy paper isn't just old copy paper ground up and turned into new copy paper. :n00b:

I am truly embarassed by the fact that I never considered the fact that people here would think recycled TP was recycled TP..

I am not sure how I should feel about this am I the slow one?

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    They want me to use recycled TP? Sure, I want them to be rational logical human beings capable of non-fluffy-unicorn-inspired thought.

A family towel? That's sick. It's bad enough moms use non-disposable diapers (my mom used them on me).

Who's up for power washing the family towel so Grandpa can make a boom-boom!?

Top Bottom