• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    If flip flop Mitt is who the republicans wind up running than its a shoe in for Obama, now if it was Paul I think it would be a close race. Just my :twocents:

I agree completely. Romney would be like feeding a lamb to the wolves with his record of flip flopping.

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    Great thread. I have a hard time believing some ancient, drug using, human sacrificing culture, from whats now southern Mexico managed to figure out the exact date for the end of the world. I fully understand the back story and I know they were clever with astronomy and building, but predicting??? Not so much. If they had been so great at predicting, why didn't they predict and change the things that caused their very society to completely collapse and fall off the face of the earth???.....but at the same time, WTF do I know? Lol!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Great thread. I have a hard time believing some ancient, drug using, human sacrificing culture, from whats now southern Mexico managed to figure out the exact date for the end of the world. I fully understand the back story and I know they were clever with astronomy and building, but predicting??? Not so much. If they had been so great at predicting, why didn't they predict and change the things that caused their very society to completely collapse and fall off the face of the earth???.....but at the same time, WTF do I know? Lol!

And how are we different....headed that way right now and no one is manning the brakes on this train.....good post, i'm just saying.

Trav43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Northern Shelby county
    The mexican archeologist that have studied what is left of the info from the Mayans dont think there is any sort of prophecy. They think the date is just a date from the past that was a reference point for the long count calender. And given the mayan counting system the long count calender will just start over for the next 26000 year cosmic cycle.

I dont think it is the government that cashes in on all the doomsday stuff, more like television and media, and mass marketers of crap. But then again this creates taxes so the government gets their share.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I don't believe that the world will end but, maybe the Soviet Union along with it's allies invading a small Colorado town. :dunno:
    But that seems a little to Hollywood.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I don't believe that the world will end but, maybe the Soviet Union along with it's allies invading a small Colorado town. :dunno:
    But that seems a little to Hollywood.

I'll be ready. Here's a pic from my last training session....
    wolverines.jpg

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Just read an email that says the economies in India and China are slowing down. Not sure of what they mean by slowing down, but it caught my attention. My take on it was slower growth or almost holding steady on current economic levels.

The other part of the email is on more talk of stupid financial problems with the EU. it is Friday, and the real interesting emails show up around 6pm. Everyone likes to dump bad news at the end of the business day on Friday's.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Wolf Blitzer just showed Mayan researchers have concluded that the Mayan calender shows the end of just one cycle and the world will continue to survive for millions more years.
    So much for the EOTW fanatics plans. LOL!

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Wolf Blitzer just showed Mayan researchers have concluded that the Mayan calender shows the end of just one cycle and the world will continue to survive for millions more years.
    So much for the EOTW fanatics plans. LOL!

Yeah.... Wolf Blitzer is such an expert on the mayans! That's about like asking Rachel Maddow about boys lol!

Top Bottom