• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 22, 2011
    Terre Haute
    This morning I was on my way to work and stopped to get gas. I wasn't open carrying but wasn't exactly concealed either. Full size 1911 owb under a tight t shirt. As I was pumping I hear a serious voice ask are you carrying a gun? I looked over and an older gentleman was looking my way grumpily. I thought to myself oh he is going to give me a hard time. I answered yes 24/7. He stated that it takes a lot of responsiblity to carry a gun. I agreed and stated it took a certain mindset and a lot of training. That seemed to change his attitude and he became curious what type of gun I had. We ended up having a nice chat and it turns out he carried for 35yrs for his job. I was sure it was going to be a real headache but ended up good....

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I carried a Sig 229 for a couple years with a good belt and holster...had to go to something lighter, it was just too much. I can't imagine a 2.5lb full size 1911 all day every day.

I generally OC either a Sig 220, 226, or a 1911...

I have carried for full sizes for so long it is not really that big of a deal to me.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Full size 1911's are very comfortable to carry if you have a proper holster and belt. I often carry a CZ 97B, now that's some serious weight, but still comfortable with a good holster and heavy/wide belt. Remember, "carrying a gun is comforting, not comfortable."

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I generally OC either a Sig 220, 226, or a 1911...

I have carried for full sizes for so long it is not really that big of a deal to me.

Try carring a lighter gun and you'll realize what you've been missing. I switched to an M&P compact which is much lighter, holds 11 rounds instead of 13. It was like an anchor was lifted off my hip.

Once you go black(polymer) you never go back. :dunno:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Try carring a lighter gun and you'll realize what you've been missing. I switched to an M&P compact which is much lighter, holds 11 rounds instead of 13. It was like an anchor was lifted off my hip.

Once you go black(polymer) you never go back. :dunno:

Nah...

I like my heavy metal Pistol. When I run out of rounds I can beat my enemy to Death with the empty Pistol...
    The Extra Weight helps... ;)

Top Bottom