Embarrassed my wife and made the restaurant's night.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Mrs Monkey and I went on a date. Ok, not really. We had to go to the church, hang a few pictures, pick up meds at the pharmacy, and then grab dinner (and carry out for the kids)

She wanted cheap and fast so Taco Bell it was. Our TB ignores you typically and forces you to use the order kiosks. So we ordered our food and ate. Now its time to put the to go order in.

I get to the last screen where it asks for my first name and last initial. So I entered "Marco" "P".

I apparently cant play poker, because the wife starts grilling me as we wait.
    "What are you up to?"
    "Me? Nothing. Why?" (not looking innocent apparently)
    "You are up to something. WHAT DID YOU DO?!?!"
    "Nothing!"

She wasnt buying it.

A few minutes later Our order is up and the young man in his late teens/early 20s walks towards the counter with a bag and says "MARCO?"

Of course I had to reply loudly "POLO!" and stood up.

At first he looked at me funny.

Then it clicked and gave me the "dad joke" look.

Then I got to the counter with a :poop: eating grin and the more he thought about it, a big smile crossed his face. I wished him a good night and by the time he got back toward the prep line, I could see he was chuckling. And so were the two others waiting for their food. And I'm pretty sure his coworkers were asking him what just happened. So I'm sure they were entertained as well.

The wife? Its a good thing she loves me. :):

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I tho
    Mrs Monkey and I went on a date. Ok, not really. We had to go to the church, hang a few pictures, pick up meds at the pharmacy, and then grab dinner (and carry out for the kids)

She wanted cheap and fast so Taco Bell it was. Our TB ignores you typically and forces you to use the order kiosks. So we ordered our food and ate. Now its time to put the to go order in.

I get to the last screen where it asks for my first name and last initial. So I entered "Marco" "P".

I apparently cant play poker, because the wife starts grilling me as we wait.
    "What are you up to?"
    "Me? Nothing. Why?" (not looking innocent apparently)
    "You are up to something. WHAT DID YOU DO?!?!"
    "Nothing!"

She wasnt buying it.

A few minutes later Our order is up and the young man in his late teens/early 20s walks towards the counter with a bag and says "MARCO?"

Of course I had to reply loudly "POLO!" and stood up.

At first he looked at me funny.

Then it clicked and gave me the "dad joke" look.

Then I got to the counter with a :poop: eating grin and the more he thought about it, a big smile crossed his face. I wished him a good night and by the time he got back toward the prep line, I could see he was chuckling. And so were the two others waiting for their food. And I'm pretty sure his coworkers were asking him what just happened. So I'm sure they were entertained as well.

The wife? Its a good thing she loves me. :):
    I thought you told the whole restaurant how loud she snores

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I usually use Rasmussen or Ferdinand. It is funny how they spell them, and even funnier how the counter person tries to pronounce it when my order is done. I used Adolph a couple of times, but my wife said no more to that

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Three dogs met on a street corner. The first was a beautiful black poodle with a big blue ribbon around its neck, and it said, "My name is Fifi, spelled F-I-F-I."

The second was a pretty white poodle with a red satin ribbon around its neck, and it said, "My name is Mimi, spelled M-I-M-I."

The third was a dirty old mutt and said, "My name is Fido, spelled P-H-Y-D-E-A-U-X."

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    I am surprised you didn’t do the “Mike Hunt“ name stunt!
    True story,

My name is Mike and my wife and I own some land in southern Indiana.
    Several years ago my wife was talking to her uncle in Arizona and he asked her what we were doing with the land. She said “Mike hunts down there” her uncle started laughing and she couldn’t figure out why and he wouldn’t tell her why. He just said ask Mike. When she told me what happened I started laughing when she realized what she was saying her face got red.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom