• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Elmores firearms in Greenwood has seemingly good quality aluminum AR mags for 15 bucks... However the young clerk I had to deal with was kind of a smart ass. So anyway +1 for quality and selection even though the guns were a little pricey.. -1 for quality of service...JC

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I like Elmores, except for the film of nicotine on everything. I've never had bad service there. Here's hoping the guy was just having a bad day.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    More than likely you encountered "junior", he is famous for being a prick.

That said, you could have bought 10 aluminum AR mags for $100 shipped.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Just stopped in this morning and picked up a new paddle holster.Price on it was $24.50...went to check out and price was 20 :) Very friendly.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Maybe you have done something wrong and they can sense it. Ever shop at Don's? Because I don't think that stink will ever leave you if you have.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I went back there yesterday. I encounered the same thing as last time. The attitude was like buy something or get the f#$k out. I will sometimes go to 3 or 4 gunshops in a day. Looking, browsing getting hands on ideas as to what I want to get. I almost never buy anything on a whim. I might look at one firearm 3 or 4 times before I make a purchase. And I always go home and research whatever it may be on the internet before I buy. So maybe they look at me like a guy whoes not gonna buy anything. And ya know what... After my second expirience there they are probably correct.... -1 Elmores I also frequent Bradis . Everytime I walk in the door there I am treated like a customer. I feel at home comfortable and like they are happy to see me. Anyone and everyone behind the counter seems ecstatic to be helpful and give you all the time you need. +2 Bradis.....JC

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Eatin Crow

I went back there yesterday. I encounered the same thing as last time. The attitude was like buy something or get the f# out. I will sometimes go to 3 or 4 gunshops in a day. Looking, browsing getting hands on ideas as to what I want to get. I almost never buy anything on a whim. I might look at one firearm 3 or 4 times before I make a purchase. And I always go home and research whatever it may be on the internet before I buy. So maybe they look at me like a guy whoes not gonna buy anything. And ya know what... After my second expirience there they are probably correct.... -1 Elmores I also frequent Bradis . Everytime I walk in the door there I am treated like a customer. I feel at home comfortable and like they are happy to see me. Anyone and everyone behind the counter seems ecstatic to be helpful and give you all the time you need. +2 Bradis.....JC

I have to in all fairness post a revision of sorts to this post. I once again ventured into Elmores yesterday. The reason being the selection, I knew they would have a hands on example of what I was looking for. Well on this trip I dealt with the owner himself. He was very helpful and kind he treated me as a valued customer. That led to me feeling as if I was a little bit too critical in this post. So +1 to Elmores I guess the trick there is to avoid Jr. :):...JC

Grademan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Greencastle
    I stopped in there today and was very impressed, both with selection and customer service. They had more 1911's than I've ever seen in one building (except for gun shows), and a lot of the high end models you rarely see at most shops. I even mentioned that I wasn't buying today and was treated no differently. They were still happy to show me any and every gun I wanted to see.

bucmaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    You walk in the door. If their in a conversation with someone and if you get them to acknowledge your existance and they ask if you need anything and you say just looking their done with you.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I stopped in on Wednesday after the snow for my first time. They were closing early because of the snow. I got the feeling that I was just keeping them there when they all wanted to leave early. They already had all the handguns put away so I left without really looking around.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I stopped in there today and was very impressed, both with selection and customer service. They had more 1911's than I've ever seen in one building (except for gun shows), and a lot of the high end models you rarely see at most shops. I even mentioned that I wasn't buying today and was treated no differently. They were still happy to show me any and every gun I wanted to see.

I'll give them them that on the 1911's.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    You walk in the door. If their in a conversation with someone and if you get them to acknowledge your existance and they ask if you need anything and you say just looking their done with you.

That's perfect for me, I like to be left alone sometimes to browse, unfortunately, I say "just lookin'" and most people take that as a jumping point to ask 50 bazillion questions about what I'm lookin' for and whether I've seen the new "Blast-o-Matic 6000".

Yep, I can deal with being left alone.

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    More than likely you encountered "junior", he is famous for being a prick.

That said, you could have bought 10 aluminum AR mags for $100 shipped.
    Maybe it's the way some people come across.Never had a problem with Jason,watched him fix a.22 Ruger for a guy who put it back together wrong for free,guy didn' even buy the gun there and Jason didn't know him. I call that pretty good cutomer service. Known Russ for over 20years,good guy.

Last edited:

crk74

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    mitchell
    was there yesterday very bad day for customer service. like its a chore to show some one a gun. i never buy a gun that i cant hold and then research before buying

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    I have to in all fairness post a revision of sorts to this post. I once again ventured into Elmores yesterday. The reason being the selection, I knew they would have a hands on example of what I was looking for. Well on this trip I dealt with the owner himself. He was very helpful and kind he treated me as a valued customer. That led to me feeling as if I was a little bit too critical in this post. So +1 to Elmores I guess the trick there is to avoid Jr. :):...JC
    Russ is a good guy!

Top Bottom