• ...and so much more!
  • christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Id be happy to if I was him.

Side note...Is it weird I watched that entire video? What about another one called "I kissed a grouch and I liked it." Too soon?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I read that earlier and I guess I'm just missing what they are talking about. She has a dress on and nuthin is hangin out. I thought the skit was cute. Have they been to the Mall lately to see what girls are wearing??? :rolleyes:

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Im pretty conservative when it comes to what I want my kids to be exposed to and even I don't have a problem with this. I don't think any kid that is young enough to watch Sesame Street is looking at her cannons. The first thing one of my kids said was "She has a pretty hat."

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Im pretty conservative when it comes to what I want my kids to be exposed to and even I don't have a problem with this. I don't think any kid that is young enough to watch Sesame Street is looking at her cannons. The first thing one of my kids said was "She has a pretty hat."
    :+1:Although after watching it Im craving a big glass of milk ?:dunno:

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You know what's so funny. You can find YouTube videos of old SS episodes where elmo and others are asing about what mom & baby are doing (ie. mom is breast feeding baby on the show). No one complained back then about it.

My how times have changed... **sigh**

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Maybe it's less about this specific video than it is about the original video/song that showcases a puppy wielding tranny, equates her boyfriend to a PMS'ing B**** and shows a few (arguably) not safe for sesame street scenes including a group of brides prop dancing with baseball bats around a car, etc...

Nothing major but maybe they didn't want the kids google'ing her and finding some of the pictures/videos/lyrics that she has on the net.

Personally I think this video would have been OK, it's cute for kids but I don't want my kid listening to the original or going to google pictures and typing her name in.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

If it weren't for you, I would have had to ask what the problem was. I guess I'm becoming desensitized to most attire. What she was wearing can be seen in the work place these days. But, for a children's show, she can cover up a bit more and still adhere to her brand image.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Personally I think this video would have been OK, it's cute for kids but I don't want my kid listening to the original or going to google pictures and typing her name in.

SS is geared towards the 3 to 6 year old range. That group is NOT going to be googling for Kate Perry. They are only interested in the characters (elmo, big bird, etc..) the humans are noting more than props for the show and the little ones could care less.

What SS has done over the years and with much grace is give the parents (ie adults) also a reason to watch the show with their kids. By having big names do skits (ie. Katty Perry, etc..) and by having skits that have double meaning in the words. See more of the 80s/90s skits and you find a lot of stuff that is "wow" in terms of the text.

However with all the
    smiley-talk034.gif
    PC now a days some adult got made becuase they were looking at the video from "their eyes and thinking about what they think/feel" instead of focusing on what the 3 to 6 year old would get out of it.

:faint:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Any parent complaining about this should be put in stocks for a day or two.

Are they so dumb they can't change the channel or turn off the TV??

Just exactly how stupid are people these days?? WTF?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I don't think there is anything risqué about this video but is it appropriate for it's intended audience? Not at all. Would you leave your kids with a babysitter dressed like that?

Top Bottom