• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I am looking at getting a set of the Caldwell low profile electronic ear muffs for me and was wonder if anyone has tried them on a child? I have a young boy who is five and an extra set for monster trucks, race track, shooting some day and other things would be good if they work. If not then can you point me in the right direction of some that do work?

Thanks

Indydrew

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I tried a pair of Peltor Tactical 6S which look kind of similar to Caldwell's on my 10 year old little girl (read tiny little girl) and they really didn't work well - too big and they wouldn't stay on her ears. The muffs rested all of their weight right on the tops of her ears and it really started hurting her after 30 mins or so...they left red marks and scraped the skin behind the ears. Overall a really bad experience.

I looked around and found these:
    Cabela's: Remington® Kids' Safety Combo Pack - Ear Muffs and Shooting Glasses

They aren't electronic but they are about 75% the size of adult earmuffs and fit her perfectly plus the glasses are kid sized as well and make the perfect combination for dirt tracks or shooting. For $27.00 they can't be beat IMHO.

Hope that helps...

-Drew

skimmer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    I've seen a lot of dad's make sure their kids are using earplugs and ear muffs together. 168 db is a lot of sound pressure for ear muffs to handle along I don't care how you slice it.

Top Bottom