• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johndeere2012

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Lakeville
    I was wanting to get some input on this gun. I like the way it looks and feels in person, but I have read some reviews that did not appeal to me. I was wondering if some fellow Hoosiers had any comments about this gun. It would be the first gun I ever bought, so I'm making sure I buy a good one. I will be using it to just shoot at targets for now, maybe in the future carrying it. All comments are welcomed! Thanks.

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    I have the EAA Witness Match 45cal and love it. It is accurate as can be and never a problem. Mine is SAO, but I like that. Sights adjust easily and stay true. Easy to tear down and clean.

johndeere2012

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Lakeville
    I read that the 10mm EAA witness that the slide cracks on it and I didn't like the sound of that and wasn't sure if it would happen in the 9mm or not

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    I bought my full-sized Witness 9x19 something over twenty years ago. "Real" CZ 75s were very rare and quite expensive in the U.S. at the time and the late Col. Cooper et al's commentaries on the design had me all curious to find out what all the hooraw was about.

When I saw a LNIB "Wonderfinish" Witness with two full-caps at Bradi's for $225, I bought it. IMO, it's turned out to have been perhaps the very best value for the buck I've gotten so far.

It's been absolutely reliable. The only malfs I've experienced in fast-approaching 10 K rds have been confined to two boxes of "bargain" gun show reloads (they showed the same problems in two other 9x19s, too) and a single "dud" primer in a box of Hansen surplus ball. Otherwise nada, regardless of projectile shape or weight.

Nothing has broken nor worn out. And whatever that "Wonderfinish" is, it works extremely well. Never a spot of corrosion and only slight polishing-type wear to the rails and a couple of other sliding contact surfaces on the frame. Also minor polishing on the outside of the chamber end of the barrel and near the muzzle where it contacts the slide in battery. I have replaced the recoil and FP springs twice, but that's just my own policy.

It came OTB with the fixed sights perfectly regulated for standard pressure 115 gr. loads at 25 M., at least for my eyes and hold. It's capable of delivering very nice groups (10 rds. into 2.5 -3" at 25 yds. from a solid rest) with its favorite ammo when I do my part well. With decent technique, it'll keep the same number of about every type or brand of ammo I've put through it so far well inside the COM area of an IDPA practice target at 20 yds.

It fits my hand extremely well and points very naturally for me. It's no more difficult or less comfortable to carry concealed than a 5" 1911 in a good IWB rig with a proper belt and the loaded weights are closely comparable.

Whether this will hold true for the "compact" models or current production examples I really can't say for sure as my personal experience with them has been quite limited so far. Personally, if I was in your position I'd take a real hard look at the CZ P01 too.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have the full size 9mm Witness. It is not my first handgun, but it is the one I've had the longest. Just won't part with it.

Mine is park'd with the slim(mer) frame so I can't get the .45, or 10mm upper set-up that EEA sells.

I have a RAMI in 9mm. It's like a sub compact cz75. Smaller than a glock 26 and shoots better for me.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a Tanfoglio TZ 75.88 and love the thing. Tanfoglio is the manufacturer of the Witness pistols. There are things about the TZ 75 that I like better than on my CZ 75, such as being able to use the safety with the hammer down. But, the Tanfoglio is a great pistol and is accurate. I have no complaints whatsoever about mine.

There have been complaints about slide cracking in the 10mm, but I think hoosierdoc is right about the gun being undersprung from the factory. A stiffer spring seems to solve the problem. My son is getting ready to order a Witness in 10mm, so we'll have a bit more first hand experience as time goes by.

TempusFugit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    I've been a CZ fan for many years for many, many reason. I have shot several EAA clones and they have all performed well. I still prefer the CZ but would be very happy with the Witness as well. Lots of choices!

We demand pics and range report.

oldbikelvr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    Top Bottom