• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • menzzer37

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have been trying for weeks to get a response out of Hoosier Gun Coat to have the slide of my Kimber Pro Tac Cerakoted or Duracoted. I need to have the slide done and some small accessories. I've emailed Hoosier Gun Coat probably 5 times and only ever gotten one resonse. I have yet to find a phone nubmer either. Does anyone know of another shop that's affordable and somewhat speedy?

Thanks!

rc5699

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    If he/they keep ignoring inquires like that, you won't have any competition...

I agree

To the OP have you thought about doing it yourself? I don't consider myself at all artistically talented, But I've had great results every time I've used Duracote. I've used it on several things.

It isn't hard to use at all. And the high costs people charge is a little crazy if you ask me. You can buy the needed materials to two tone a hand gun for less then $50 bucks.

It's not like spraying a car, I mean it's really hard to mess it up.

Aside from the cost issue, If you pay someone to do it for you then you have a duracoted gun. But if you do it yourself you get experience at doing it yourself and the next time you want to duracote something it will be that much easier. And you'll always find stuff that needs duracoted. :laugh:

Last edited:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Aside from the cost issue, If you pay someone to do it for you then you have a duracoted gun. But if you do it yourself you get experience at doing it yourself and the next time you want to duracote something it will be that much easier. And you'll always find stuff that needs duracoted.

Do it yourself and KEEP the equipment .

rc5699

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    I do not endorse this. :noway:

Should I delete it?

I sleep like crap at night, but just because I really really need a new mattress. I have had the same air compressor for over ten years, My grand pa had it for maybe 20 years before I got it after he past away. It wasn't purchased at walmart.

If your area walmart is anything like mine then the air compressors on them shelves have more then likely already been returned a few times by people any way.

I went to buy a brand new xbox 360 from walmart, Before I left the store I noticed it had been opened and carefully retaped at the seal. So right there at the register a manager opened the box and there inside was a dirty, used, 360 with a cracked faceplate and broken disc tray. :rolleyes:

I honestly would rather people not do it as well but that don't mean people are going to stop it. Way to many are already doing it, Go to my Walmart and every single laser bore sighter they have has been opened and then stapled back closed. lol Walmart don't care enough to do anything about it so what makes anyone think it will ever change?

I didn't and don't do that kind of thing. My brother did it because he need an air compressor for one day. I was only listing an option for people that may not have any.

I'm Sorry for trying to help. I had a helpful post with one bad sentence, Allow the flooding of negative reputation to begin I guess.

Last edited:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Just because other people do it, doesnt make it right for you to do.... SET THE EXAMPLE....

but more important is dont encourage OTHER people to do it...

just because YOU can justify it to YOURSELF, doesnt make it right.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If someone needed an air compressor for just one day, I would try a tool rental place. Surely they'd have one available for a "not brand new" price.

rc5699

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    Again everyone I'm really sorry. I don't behave that way and I don't know why I was stupid enough to suggest others do.

I inserted my foot about as deeply as it can possibly fit into my mouth.

In closing, I still recommend the OP do the duracote yourself, If you don't you'll never figure out just how easy it is to work with.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Again everyone I'm really sorry. I don't behave that way and I don't know why I was stupid enough to suggest others do.

Believe me when I say we've all said things on here that we thought twice about later.

Thanks for setting the record straight. Reps to you!

Top Bottom