• ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I got out to the range today. Here is the info on the rule change:

Current Rule: Line number 14 of the Marion County Fish and Game Association General and Ground Rules states:

Drawing from a holster and firing is not allowed.

Proposed Rule Change: Amend line number 14 of the Marion County Fish and Game Association General and Ground rules to state:

Drawing from a Holster:
    • Safely drawing from a holster and firing is allowed in the bays only.
    • Drawing from a holster on the main firing line is not permitted.
    • Safely drawing means that throughout the draw process, the muzzle is always pointed directly at the ground or into a berm.
    • Only holsters that hold the firearm in such a manner that the muzzle is pointed at the ground within one meter of the shooters feet are permitted.

The first three bullet points seem pretty non-controversial. The last point appears to primarily rule out shoulder holster and possibly purse draws. IWB/OWB and ankle carry all point the gun towards the ground near the shooter, minimizing the chance of sweeping anyone. This may not free things up as much as some would like, but I think it is a good change.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I got out to the range today. Here is the info on the rule change:

The first three bullet points seem pretty non-controversial. The last point appears to primarily rule out shoulder holster and possibly purse draws. IWB/OWB and ankle carry all point the gun towards the ground near the shooter, minimizing the chance of sweeping anyone. This may not free things up as much as some would like, but I think it is a good change.
    Thanks for posting this. I think it's very reasonable.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Maybe instead of stipulating that the draw must come from with in one meter of the ground, to not allowing draw from shoulder holsters, purses or other such means of carry? I can just see one of the volunteer RO's come running up with a tape measure on the guy that is strong side carrying, but is 6'10".

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I doubt tape measures will come into it. I think that wording was put in because someone would argue that the shoulder holster points towards the ground, but 30 yards behind the shooter. IWB/OWB and ankle carry all point pretty much directly down.

My only complaint is that "one meter" measurement. What's up with the use of metric at MCF&G?? :)

Wolverine6G

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    I agree very fair. Welcome this change, any Idea when the board will be voting on this proposed rule change

Top Bottom