1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I can't keep up.

"Character matters! We need true conservatives, not RINOs !"

Then Trump endorses Oz.

"We need compromises and politics makes strange bedfellows."

:scratch:

When you consider how long ago sodomy laws were at about the same cultural acceptance level as pedophilia is today... I think any reasonable person knows which direction this is going. I'm just glad they aren't beating down doors and dragging people outside to rape them to death in the street... yet.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I can't keep up.

"Character matters! We need true conservatives, not RINOs !"

Then Trump endorses Oz.

"We need compromises and politics makes strange bedfellows."

:scratch:

McCormick’s former co-workers circulate his ads, horrified, puzzled, or amused at their old boss’s transformation. “Is Connecticut Dave McCormick the real one, or is Pennsylvania Dave McCormick the real one?” one asks. “Or is the real Dave McCormick a chameleon who’ll be whatever he needs to be to succeed?”
    Let's see; sudden transformation, says all the focus group output that he thinks will make him palatable to the deplorables

Never evinced any America First tendencies while CEO of Bridgewater Associates (the largest hedge fund in the world) and was quite the fan of China while serving as Under Secretary of the Treasury for International Affairs in the 'W' administration

CoCrublican RINO if you ask me. If the worst case is that they're both RINOs, I'll still take the outsider who at least might shake things up. That should resonate with any Trump supporter from 2015-16, when he was (and still is) targeted with some of the same attacks

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    There is hope, Kathy Barnette has now surged ahead of McCormick in the polling.

Oz now leading with 24.5%, Barnette at 23.2%, and McCormick at 21.6%. I really wish Trump hadn't endorsed Oz. I will happily vote for Barnette in the primary, but I have a hard time seeing myself stooping to vote for Oz in the general.

The PA primary is next week on the 17th.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The last polls before the election had Barnette leading, but Trump campaigned heavily for Oz at the end and there was a sudden huge outburst of attack ads against Barnette portraying her as a liberal. It now looks like it is heading to a recount between Oz and McCormick.

I don't care to vote for either of them in the general election. It will come down to whether I sit it out or once again vote for the lesser of the evils. The guy who won the Democrat nomination comes across to me as plainly evil in a spiritual way that I don't usually see in politics, not sure what it is about him. He is extra, extra creepy to me in a class of people that don't normally inspire good feelings.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    The GOP will continue To RINO until conservatives grow a pair and branch out into a new party. Break off and let the GOP flounder and die. Hope the dems don’t destroy the country before the new party has the strength to win a majority.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The GOP will continue To RINO until conservatives grow a pair and branch out into a new party. Break off and let the GOP flounder and die. Hope the dems don’t destroy the country before the new party has the strength to win a majority.
    What is YOUR definition of conservative?

tude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    ohio
    I hope that everyone that loves this country goes to the poles this fall. The only weapon we have to fight with is our vote. We have one bullet, make it count.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    What is YOUR definition of conservative?
    Fiscally responsible, balanced budget. Minimum federal government oversight and control of the citizens. Not treating the constitution as a “living, breathing document “. You understand what the phrase “shall not be infringed “ means. No legislation from the bench. No social engineering in schools. And the best description I can think of is if you are not a globalist and you see the GOP as a large portion of the ”swamp” then you might be a conservative. I’ll leave out the religious portion as that usually ends well intended threads.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Fiscally responsible, balanced budget. Minimum federal government oversight and control of the citizens. Not treating the constitution as a “living, breathing document “. You understand what the phrase “shall not be infringed “ means. No legislation from the bench. No social engineering in schools. And the best description I can think of is if you are not a globalist and you see the GOP as a large portion of the ”swamp” then you might be a conservative. I’ll leave out the religious portion as that usually ends well intended threads.
    OK, I can agree with that.

If you want to include religion, you will alienate a lot of people that would otherwise agree with you.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Latest info, but it will be a while before anything is official because an automatic recount has already been triggered.

It kind of highlights the problems with multiple candidates and using poll information. I was planning to vote for McCormick because I preferred him to Oz by a long shot. However, Barnette surged into the lead in the polls in the last few weeks, so I ended up voting for her because I preferred her to either McCormick or Oz. In the end, it looks like a very narrow win for Oz and I am left wondering how it would have turned out if it had simply been a two person race.

It's also sad to think Oz wins with less than 500,000 votes in a state with over 13 million people. This in a primary being hailed for the fact it had the highest turnout in 20 years.

Screenshot 2022-05-19 074223.jpg

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    That many republicans voting based on name ID? Has he really espoused conservative convictions and positions?
    He spouted them in his campaigning, but I don't buy it for a second. I really don't like to use the term RINO, I think it is fine if Republicans have different ideas on various issues, but I think this may very well be a case where the term fits. I doubt he was ever a Republican until there was a Senate seat available. Heck, there isn't even a good reason to believe he lives in PA at all, his social media accounts show him always posting from his home in NJ where he has lived for 20 years. He only registered to vote in PA last year, and the address he used was his in-laws address!

A celebrity doctor with close ties to Oprah who has lived in a NJ mansion for the past 20 years and has a long history of espousing gun-control is suddenly the guy I am supposed to believe represents the conservative values of rural PA. Yeah, right.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom