• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There are. Talking to some Chicago people right now elsewhere, curfew in place, there are demonstrations going on. Chicago could easily turn ugly if cops start firing on rioters. Like "race war" level ugly.

But yes, what you said initially - Opportunism. Apple stores, Nike stores, Gamestops... specific things being looted, status symbols. No one cares about the dead man.

I do have thoughts about this, and I wish Kut was here to help me through it. Every time I type it out, it sounds racist, no matter how much I try to not sound that way.

In your issue posting think about who and what is doing all of this. And then think about why it is being done.
    There is not much you can say that would not wear the racist label because that is who we have become...….labels.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Dumpsters have been moved into the street to form a barrier and have been set on fire. Near the Five Guys at Washington/Meridian - cannot tell which street they are set up

EDIT: IMPD at location now, dumpsters moved. One still on fire

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    In your issue posting think about who and what is doing all of this. And then think about why it is being done.
    There is not much you can say that would not wear the racist label because that is who we have become...….labels.

I just find it really weird how rioters are essentially given free reign to do it... gov/leo/etc sometimes told to stand down... and just chalk it up as a loss, the theft, the damage. The whole "let them get it out of their system" approach some people have.

I find it hard to imagine a primarily, again... sounding bad... different group of people doing this and getting away with it. I feel like they'd be hunted down and arrested. It feels like when people allow the current groups to do this, that would fall into the category of the "racism of lowered expectations"? Is that right?

Probably getting my terms wrong, but Sally Kohn, a journalist, said today to let them do it to businesses because insurance will just pay for it. I mean... seriously?

And every time I try to type this out, it comes out sounding bad.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A buttload of cop cars drove through fire in the street to get to an officer calling for help near Washinton St.

Hope our IMPD friends are all OK.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Wow, so you neg rep me for advising the new guy (which we all know he probably isn't) to not be trolling the politics section if he hopes to remain long term. What a child. Grow up. You aren't the god emperor of INGO.

I got the same from another member the other night, its funny when the supposed tough guy, act like they are 11.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just find it really weird how rioters are essentially given free reign to do it... gov/leo/etc sometimes told to stand down... and just chalk it up as a loss, the theft, the damage. The whole "let them get it out of their system" approach some people have.

I find it hard to imagine a primarily, again... sounding bad... different group of people doing this and getting away with it. I feel like they'd be hunted down and arrested. It feels like when people allow the current groups to do this, that would fall into the category of the "racism of lowered expectations"? Is that right?

Probably getting my terms wrong, but Sally Kohn, a journalist, said today to let them do it to businesses because insurance will just pay for it. I mean... seriously?

And every time I try to type this out, it comes out sounding bad.

Yes we all struggle with the double standards we have allowed to be forced on us. I find it insane that anyone can agree with this either.
    The P/C mindset and the race card are serious and deadly tools we have "Given" to those who would do us harm as a way to justify it. This will only get worse. Believe it. Those groups will get more brazen and care free as the frolic through an area wrecking everything and taking what they want.

When we stated last night that :poop: aint gonna fly around us we were called out for it. I know and have deep respect for the member that did this and knowing him as I do I understand but **** all of that crap. Peaceful protests are acceptable. Come over here with that crap and nope. No way. And in the vain of your post guess who would get arrested and face the man.

Not "Them"

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    There are. Talking to some Chicago people right now elsewhere, curfew in place, there are demonstrations going on. Chicago could easily turn ugly if cops start firing on rioters. Like "race war" level ugly.

But yes, what you said initially - Opportunism. Apple stores, Nike stores, Gamestops... specific things being looted, status symbols. No one cares about the dead man.

I do have thoughts about this, and I wish Kut was here to help me through it. Every time I type it out, it sounds racist, no matter how much I try to not sound that way.

The truth is racist, now days.

Might as well stop worrying about a label, because here's what social media is saying the standard you must adhere to is:
    VeeEsJ0.jpg

P.S. Looking to kut for help is racist, according to this.

Top Bottom