• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    ya...based on what ive seen in there in the very few times ive been there I cant say that im surprised. Theres a reason I live 2 miles from there and have been in there 2 times.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm hearing now that it was a self defense shooting. Apparently a mother and son that work security for The Grove were sitting in their car near the bar when the two guys attempted to rob them. Sounds like there may have been a run-in between them at the bar before this took place.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    After midnight? Check! Alcohol? Check! Got liquored up and attempted a forcible felony of armed individual(s) with Castle Doctrine and self-defense statutes applying? Signs point to Yes.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    A report by police indicates that the two shot and killed were a 29-year old man and a 14-year-old boy.

Sadly, this isn't exactly the type of mentor this young boy needed. Pick your role models wisely.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I don't have the scoop on it, but there was a double murder at The Grove bar in Beech Grove around 0045 hrs. Apparently both were shot.

From what was reported, I don't think even Terry Curry will call that Murder. Double self-defense homicide it appears.

i did not know that. Does this deflate indy's count? Same with speedy way and broad ripple then?

Speedway is not part of Indianapolis. Broad Ripple is.

Do we need a unigov history lesson? Pleasesayyespleasesayyespleasesayyes . . .

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Watching the press conference and Mayor detailed that the robber told them to "Give me everything you have."

So the male security guard was complying. He just started with the ammo. :dunno:

But sounds like he was handing over the cell phone and possibly using that as a distraction to draw on a drawn gun.

Top Bottom