• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am starting to think that we should lean on our legislators to make egregious violations of civil rights a capital offense.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I read this story when it first broke, and could not believe it. I really think it is high time for all good cops to police the police. It is horrors like this that lead people to not trust any police person. Any wonder why?!?!

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    I hope she wins every last cent of that 70 million. Freakin scumbags make me sick.

Until the violators are PERSONALLY held responsible, this kind of egregious behavior will continue to make headlines. I don't want to paint with a broad brush, so the people responsible for this kind of crap need to be punished, and punished severely.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If this can be proven the sherrifs officials should be charged and convicted of terrorism.Losing their job is not good enough.

Until the violators are PERSONALLY held responsible, this kind of egregious behavior will continue to make headlines. I don't want to paint with a broad brush, so the people responsible for this kind of crap need to be punished, and punished severely.

This is why I advocate making such egregious violations capital offenses. Having such violators tried, convicted, and executed would send a very strong message.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Very interested on how this will turn out. Its a shame what our country is turning into.

Stroy is not quite as it seems. From the comments:
    Actually, this is from several years ago & this retelling of the scenario is highly inaccurate. She did have most of what they say she had, she was on the way home from target practice she told everyone in her status updates & blog posts on Myspace, and she indeed had been previously warned more than once about being on the property, per her own admittance as well. I along with most of her friends on Myspace at the time were very upset with her callous behavior. She put us all in danger, under the FBI microscope.

Read through all the comments.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Didn't even know there were comments. FireFox blocks all that stuff unless I go looking and choose to allow it.
    Thanks for the head's up.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    $7700 in cash and sons can't bond her out on $50,000??? Story has too many explicit details for me. Happened in 2009 and snopes has it as undetermined. I need more evidence before I get mad.

snopes.com: Nancy Genovese

From law firm website:

http://www.murthalawfirm.com/updates-nancy-genovese-case

Many people have been asking for case updates, and quite frankly, nothing exciting has happened yet. The case is proceeding, and there are no major developments. Here’s some procedural updates:

*The Southampton Town Attorney is no longer handling the case. The town hired the law firm of Devitt, Spellman and Barrett LLP, a very well-known and prominent commercial defense law firm, to represent the Town of Southampton and Robert Iberger.

*All discovery has been ordered to be complete by March 16, 2012, All dispositive motions filed by March 30, 2012,* and a pre-trial conference is scheduled for April 27, 2012. If discovery stays on track and there are no settlements, a trial should be scheduled for this summer.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom