Indianapolis

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    NO. The consumer does.

We have a winner!

Most everyone can conceptualizer the idea that buying an item factory direct makes it cheaper. You don't have in all the added retailers making a profit off of the sale.

But I'll be a son of a gun if people can apply that same logic to corporate taxes. If the consumer pays all the taxes up front, the corporations don't have to hire a multitude of lawyers and accountants only to pass the the cost on to the consumer in the form of a higher price tag.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    I'm definitely learning a lot from this thread. And realizing how much of a drain welfare recipients are on this economy now.

I'm not real aware of our tax system and how things work, thats why I'm asking these questions. But it seems like life for the poor is getting easier, and life for the rich is also getting easier, while the middle class is constantly being beaten down. Keep in mind, when I say rich, I mean like over $750K a year rich. I don't consider $250K a year rich, just upper middle class.

The rich complain about paying more taxes, because they can't go ahead and get that extra escalade they wanted this year. Poor fella's, must be hard. I'm all about living within someones means. So when I hear people b****ing about their taxes while living in an awesome house, with 5 cars, a massive swimming pool, etc.......it kind of bothers me.

Yes the welfare scum is causing a major drain and needs to be taken care of immidiately, but I'm not going to shed a tear for the rich paying a couple %'s higher than me in taxes.

:ranton:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'm definitely learning a lot from this thread. And realizing how much of a drain welfare recipients are on this economy now.

I'm not real aware of our tax system and how things work, thats why I'm asking these questions. But it seems like life for the poor is getting easier, and life for the rich is also getting easier, while the middle class is constantly being beaten down. Keep in mind, when I say rich, I mean like over $750K a year rich. I don't consider $250K a year rich, just upper middle class.

The rich complain about paying more taxes, because they can't go ahead and get that extra escalade they wanted this year. Poor fella's, must be hard. I'm all about living within someones means. So when I hear people b****ing about their taxes while living in an awesome house, with 5 cars, a massive swimming pool, etc.......it kind of bothers me.

Yes the welfare scum is causing a major drain and needs to be taken care of immidiately, but I'm not going to shed a tear for the rich paying a couple %'s higher than me in taxes.

Just remember... That big house, swimming pool, and all of those cars, give working stiffs like you and me something to do.

Without rich people and corporations buying airplane tickets and private jets, and helicopters I'd be **** out of luck.

So yeah, if we can find a way for rich people to buy more stuff, I'm all for it.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    175 single 212 joint is where the tax rate goes to 33% that to me is unfair. Especially to some one like my BIL who lives in LA. Try tobuy a house and live in LA on 175k. That is not living the high life, In fact he still lives in an apartment.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Try being a DINK (for life!). You get **** for tax breaks, no child deductions, and make a decent wage and you're screwed. Hard. Core.

csnoski

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Quote:

Of the 100 top paid CEOs, 25 of them earned more than their companies' tax bill, including the CEOs of Bank of New York Mellon, Verizon, eBay, GE and Boeing. And astonishingly, the report found that the gap between CEO and average U.S. worker pay rose from a ratio of 263-to-1 in 2009 to 325-to-1 last year.

That's a highly misleading statement.

The JANITOR earned more than many of these companies' tax bills, as most of the companies in the article got a TAX REFUND!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    That's a highly misleading statement.

The JANITOR earned more than many of these companies' tax bills, as most of the companies in the article got a TAX REFUND!!!!!!!!!

Refund means you paid too many taxes. Doesn't mean you didn't pay any taxes.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    No, you're coming off like a communist. These guys have convinced someone that what they're doing is worth what they're being paid. Good for them. Caveat emptor. The corporation answers to its shareholders, not you. The corporation pays its executives from money it makes selling stuff. They obviously think they're getting their money's worth. It's none of your business, unless you're one of the shareholders. Even then, you have a vote only as big as your share of the company.

Do what you can think of with your life. Don't be distracted by what others are doing. Don't think you're going to be one of the big executives? Guess what, neither am I. But I'm doing ok, and nothing is going to take me down. It's possible. Try to understand how you can have what you need, rather than wallowing in your jealousy of those who have "more", whatever that is.

Well said Evil!

OP: What a CEO makes has zero to do with what you earn. Concentrate on bettering yourself, strive to succeeed, reach for the stars. The American dream is still alive.

BTW, has a poor person ever hired you?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

To this I always wonder...where would you rather that money that the CEO gets go? To the government via increased taxes? At least I know the CEO has to think for 5 seconds before spending his own well-earned humongous amounts of money. The government takes his money and mine and yours and sets it on fire and throws the ashes into the wind by comparison. The CEO and his business are creating wealth, while increases in taxation and the like reduce the overall amount of free wealth.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    To this I always wonder...where would you rather that money that the CEO gets go? To the government via increased taxes? At least I know the CEO has to think for 5 seconds before spending his own well-earned humongous amounts of money. The government takes his money and mine and yours and sets it on fire and throws the ashes into the wind by comparison. The CEO and his business are creating wealth, while increases in taxation and the like reduce the overall amount of free wealth.

Cut a CEO's pay by $50 K. Divide evenly between 100 workers. I know I wouldn't mind an extra 500 a year :D

//Snipped//

BTW, has a poor person ever hired you?

Touche' my friend. Never thought of it that way :yesway:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Pretty interesting thread (checked it before I left for class this morning and not much had really happened, just got home and finished checking it out). Been a topic in quite a few of my classes the last few semesters and I'd say around 75% of soon to be graduates (with dreams of being a C-suite big wig) can't work out even some of the more simple ideas involved.

Top Bottom