• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    he had someone stopped going east, I was going west, just took a glance and didn't note the type of truck, just the color.

Super nice guy. Everytime I see him in that McDonalds on 267, he steps out of the way and lets me jump in front of him. Actually talked to him a few times and he's pretty down to Earth.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    That's one of the nice things about being up here in MI right now, you don't see cop cars every ten feet like you do in IN. The MSP don't feel the need to have four different makes/models of cars in just as many colors etc. Up here you occasionally see a trooper off the highway and you can't mistake the big red bubble, hence you know to slow down, if you don't then you get a ticket, no silly games.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    If they are anything like game wardens, yes. As I recall techincally a game warden has MORE authority than ISP. They have full arrest powers for everything LEOs do in addition to wildlife related offenses that standard LE agencies typically cant readily enforce. (I could be wrong however)

I've been told that they have federal arrest powers for virtually any offense. Not sure how true, but it makes sense.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    That's one of the nice things about being up here in MI right now, you don't see cop cars every ten feet like you do in IN. The MSP don't feel the need to have four different makes/models of cars in just as many colors etc. Up here you occasionally see a trooper off the highway and you can't mistake the big red bubble, hence you know to slow down, if you don't then you get a ticket, no silly games.
    Trooper layoffs will reduce visibility.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Super nice guy. Everytime I see him in that McDonalds on 267, he steps out of the way and lets me jump in front of him. Actually talked to him a few times and he's pretty down to Earth.

I trust you on that, I just hope I never have the occasion to meet him and when he eventually meets my husband, he goes easy on him for his speed. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I get passed and tailgated (while driving my marked car) all the time. I guess giving traffic a 10-over gift isn't good enough.

I see folks pass on duty LEO on the interstate all the time. Pretty brazen in my book. I will take the 10 you give me and roll with it.

It is "Always" some echo-douche in a prius pushing and passing. These idiots drive those things like Camaro's.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    This talk of Prius drivers reminds me. When you're merging onto a highway or interstate, don't just expect the traffic that's already there to accommodate your slow ass car, if they do it's simply a courtesy. Onramps are plenty long enough for most, if not all, passenger vehicles to get up to highway speeds. This is especially important with semis. I'm not slowing down to let you in, push that pedal to the floor(the one on the right), gas mileage be damned. Or slow down and get behind us. Some of us will put you into the shoulder.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This talk of Prius drivers reminds me. When you're merging onto a highway or interstate, don't just expect the traffic that's already there to accommodate your slow ass car, if they do it's simply a courtesy. Onramps are plenty long enough for most, if not all, passenger vehicles to get up to highway speeds. This is especially important with semis. I'm not slowing down to let you in, push that pedal to the floor(the one on the right), gas mileage be damned. Or slow down and get behind us. Some of us will put you into the shoulder.

Yup, one of my pet peeve's.....when I am stuck behind some moron rolling 30 MPH on a straight entrance ramp then waits until they are near the end to even look at merge traffic and still rolling grampa speed....pisses me off as I have to push my way into the flow of traffic. Roll in at or above the speed of the traffic you are about to merge into.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Wait what? Park rangers can give you a ticket on any road?

Depends on how you define "park ranger".

Indianapolis has Indianapolis Parks Police. They're fullly credentialed LEO - working for a small agency within Marion County. Same police rules/powers as IMPD, but it's a tiny agency (sub-agency?) with a rather small "jurisdiction" / normal work zones.

Then there are the Indiana Conservation Officers - which are, again, fully credentialed LEO. Same authority as Indiana State Police + fish/game laws and subsequent ticketing/enforcement. While I think that they are, as a whole, the best trained LEO in Indiana - there's nothing special about their arrest powers.

In general, "park rangers", Indiana State Parks employees, are NOT LEO. Though I'm sure that there are some who are Reserve Officers, but in this instance, it doesn't count.

-J-

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis

Yup, one of my pet peeve's.....when I am stuck behind some moron rolling 30 MPH on a straight entrance ramp then waits until they are near the end to even look at merge traffic and still rolling grampa speed....pisses me off as I have to push my way into the flow of traffic. Roll in at or above the speed of the traffic you are about to merge into.

You two are assuming that the average driver understands the word "merge". I don't think they do. In addition to those who wait until the end of the ramp to speed up, you have those on the interstate that feel they must slow down to let those people in. These are the same group of drivers who think that if they have their turn signal on, they're free to move over even if there is already a car next to them.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    If I can't move over or get past it, I'll slow to let another truck in. Four wheelers get no such luck. They don't have an excuse for being so slow. My first car was a '91 Cavalier. Total piece of crap and even it could do it.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise

^^This

If I'm on an entrance ramp, I'm usually going as fast, if not faster, than the slow lane of traffic. It makes it easier for everyone.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    ^^This

If I'm on an entrance ramp, I'm usually going as fast, if not faster, than the slow lane of traffic. It makes it easier for everyone.

I think most cars are governed at about 1000-1200 rpm. How many times have you sat at a light 8-10 cars back only to have it turn green, yellow and red before you even get to move?

If I'm the first at a light, I accelerate at a decent rate. I realize there are those behind me who would like to get through it as well. Especially on turn arrows as some will only stay green long enough for a few of the usual drivers.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You two are assuming that the average driver understands the word "merge". I don't think they do. In addition to those who wait until the end of the ramp to speed up, you have those on the interstate that feel they must slow down to let those people in. These are the same group of drivers who think that if they have their turn signal on, they're free to move over even if there is already a car next to them.

Yup

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'd love to give some drivers free physics lessons, but the law prevents it. :(

Concepts like "Two objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time", and "Objects in motion tend to stay in motion", and my favorite "The vehicle with the largest tires wins".

Personally, I'd love to go "back" to vehicles that were much harder to drive. Folks HAD to pay attention to what they were doing, or it hurt. We could weed out the coffee-drinking, cellphone talking/texting, space cadets if cars were all manual steering, manual brakes, manual transmission, and under-powered.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'd love to give some drivers free physics lessons, but the law prevents it. :(

Concepts like "Two objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time", and "Objects in motion tend to stay in motion", and my favorite "The vehicle with the largest tires wins".

Personally, I'd love to go "back" to vehicles that were much harder to drive. Folks HAD to pay attention to what they were doing, or it hurt. We could weed out the coffee-drinking, cellphone talking/texting, space cadets if cars were all manual steering, manual brakes, manual transmission, and under-powered.

Hear hear!

You and me, I think we'd be friends. That is, of course, if I wanted to debase myself and live in Hendricks County. :rofl:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    When I get into this situation I will slow down and get some distance between me and the slow poke. Then I am able to actually accelerate as I enter the highway and go around him/her, traffic permitting of course.

Top Bottom