• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G3Fanatic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Southeast Indianapolis
    I was just in there the other day with three of my buddies, and I will never go back. Not once when we were in the store did anyone come up and offer to assist us. My friend tried for at least 15 minutes to get someone's attention to look at a rifle on the wall. And to add to my dis-satisfaction, EVERYTHING was priced at least $150.00-$200.00 over what it was actually worth. Some items were selling used for more than you could buy them new elsewhere. If you ask me, Don has really lost his touch.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Look thru the rest of the "Local Shops" forum and you'll see many of the same responses about Don's.

DON'T GO THERE!!

BTW, he's near the Lafayette Square Mall.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I don't think Don ever sold a firearm at an honest price, but since capitalism is still legal, and P.T. Barnum was right, Don stays in business. I would never go there even if it was the last firearm store on the planet!

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I've read that in the event of a mass extiction on Earth, the only living creatures that will likely survive are, roaches, viruses, other small nasty creatures and..... Oh, Don's Guns may still be around.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    East Central In.
    I met Don 20 years ago and to this day remembering it gives me a slimy, dirty feeling.
    Next time you want to go to a gun shop, drive down to Beech Grove and check out Beech Grove Firearms. They are good people, and Greg (the owner) gives a small discount to INGO members.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I met Don one time back in the early 80's in a restaurant. I recognized him from his "just love to sell guns" commercials and I thought he might be a cool guy to talk to... WRONG! What an ###-wipe! I vowed to myself over 20 years ago never to buy a gun from that jerk, and I have never broken my vow.

I do find it interesting that these stories persist over the years and the guy is still in business.

ballzac86

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Southside
    Next time you want to go to a gun shop, drive down to Beech Grove and check out Beech Grove Firearms. They are good people, and Greg (the owner) gives a small discount to INGO members.
    +Gazillion...that place is great. Every time I call or visit, I always end up in a convo with one of the older guys there....plus the BG Firearms hat looks snazzy in dash of my car haha.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    wow, you know im going to stop in just to see how bad it is when i get home.....LOL I have to see this for myself....lol

Be sure to bring your body armor back with you. Oh, wait, bring your M4 as well....

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Don's Guns

Only 150 -200 over priced? Heck for Don't that sounds reasonable. I have never bought anything from Don's but I admit to having paid for range time.
    I was there a few weeks ago trying out my new Smith M&P and when I walked in there was a guy wearing a full length fur coat in the lane next to me shooting a Desert Eagle. I **** you not. He smiles at me and mentions something about bad MF'er ain't it? I looked at his paper and he was hitting all over the place and I responded with "You the man". (By the way he was not shooting a sillhouette target he was shooting one of those white trash bad guy targets) His phone went off and he left. I have seen some really of the wall **** in there. Its like going to the State Fair.

cox7215

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Kokomo, IN
    State fair??? Is that a crazy place to go??? I have never been there? Been in Indiana all my life and have never gone??? Guess Ill check it out oo....lol

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Better yet go to the State Fair get a corn dog then go to Don's and wander through the store. Much the same people. You will be amazed at how many baby momma's are in there with their man standing over their shoulder "helping" her pick out the right gun for "her". Lotsa bling and they have bilingual salespeople for the Mexican shoppers. How they get guns I can only imagine.

Top Bottom