• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Just for fun, because I'm an agitator, I went into Don's Guns today and pretended to know nothing about guns. (Which wasn't too hard for me.) I walked in and was greeted right away by a hispanic man with a scraggly goatee. He asked if he could help me and I said, "Ya I want to buy a gun."
    "What kind of gun?"
    "Uhh, I don't know, a gun."
    "Well this is pretty nice gun." He put a Hi point 9mm in my hand. (Only $259.00) I hold it a few seconds and asked him if he had anything smaller. He took me over to another counter and shows me a Kel-tec 32 for $399.00
    Still playing stupid I said, " That's cool, what size bullets does it shoot?"
    "Shoots 32s."
    "Oh" Blank stare on my face. "I need something with a lot of stopping power. Will this do?"
    "Oh ya, man." Racks slide like Barny Fife. "This has got plenty of power."
    I looked over at P3AT and asked, "Is that the same one? What is it? A 31." To his credit he didn't snicker as he corrected me. "No that's a 32 this is a 380."
    "oh ya, does that have more stopping power?"
    "Ya, but the bullets are more expensive."
    "Ya, I'm going to need some of those, how much are they for these guns?"
    " $20 dollars for the 32s and $50 dollars for the 380s."
    " Huh, how many come in a box?"
    "50."
    "Really?" (What else can you say?)
    His response, I can't make this up, "ya man, hope you don't have to kill a lot of people."
    I couldn't take it anymore, I excused my self saying I got paid tomorrow and left.
    While I was there I also saw an AK on the wall for $1700. and a used one for $1200.
    Other prices I noticed. Taurus PT111 for $649.00, Ruger LCP for $629, and a Kel-tec pf9 for $450.
    I wish I would have thought to mention how concerned I was that I get a gun before Obama banned them.... (Just to hear the response.)
    Also, I left my INGO hat in the car, because I didn't want to them to know that I wasn't that Naive.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Classic. Too bad you couldn't have a friend videotape the verbal exchange and upload it to YouTube. That would have been a hoot to watch.

You do realize you were living dangerously just walking through Don's door, don't you?

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Oh ya, I forgot to add to my post that the guy offered my 10% off anything in the store. "Today only." I had several wise cracks to that, but I kept them to myself.

robitraw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Noblesville
    I was in there about a month ago, and he had a Hi-point 9mm for sale. It was used, and looked like someone had it for a door stop. Wanted 300 for it!!!! I even asked them if the price was right, the lady behind the counter just said, "yup." I then turned around and left.

GeronimoJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    So there i was, No ****.
    about two months ago driving north on I65 in Indy and i get passed ON THE RIGHT!! (i hate when people do that) by a Mercades with a vanity plate "DON GUN". he must have been doing at least 90 because i'll admit i was hot-footing it a bit myself. I'm not saying this was Don but it wouldn't suprise me in the least, if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck. it's a duck. i have never met this guy but he sounds like a jerk.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Only 150 -200 over priced? Heck for Don't that sounds reasonable. I have never bought anything from Don's but I admit to having paid for range time.
    I was there a few weeks ago trying out my new Smith M&P and when I walked in there was a guy wearing a full length fur coat in the lane next to me shooting a Desert Eagle. I **** you not. He smiles at me and mentions something about bad MF'er ain't it? I looked at his paper and he was hitting all over the place and I responded with "You the man". (By the way he was not shooting a sillhouette target he was shooting one of those white trash bad guy targets) His phone went off and he left. I have seen some really of the wall **** in there. Its like going to the State Fair.
    :): weve got a shop down here where you can rent guns or buy time on the indoor range. I was out there one day and as I was paying for some time this banger walked up and pointed at a large frame revolver and said "yo man I wanna try dirty harry" {which was a 500 S&W} I looked up at the guy behind the counter and he looked at me and smiled..well after we paid for our time and signed a few things we walked back to the range and I took the lane next to him,he was having a hard time loading the gun so I helped him out..told him he was live. he was gonna shoot that thing ghetto style{cocked over and one handed} I said "you sure you wanna do that man?":draw: he said"I got dis" well..he got it alright...he pulled the trigger and about lost it..looked at me like he just seen a ghost,laid the gun down and walked out without sayin a word:dunno: guy up front came back laughin and said the dude walked in and said he was done and the gun was on the table:):

mccooley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    I was reading this and just kept hearing about his commercials. So I went to the trusty google search engine and Typed in Don's Guns Commercials and this is where is sent me...[ame=http://www.metacafe.com/watch/466097/dons_gun_commercial/]Don's Gun Commercial - Video[/ame] ...note the caption is this is a creepy commercial. Further down on the comments someone makes the remark "The guy is freaking awesome. He's done more for second amendment rights than the whole NRA. One of his stores in Greenwood IN(it had an indoor range) got robbed, and the clerk was killed. What did Don do? He donated the property to the local police dept so they could practice shooting and learn how to use their guns. It is sort of sad, because now there is no place to legally shoot on the south side, but its not that far to drive to one of his other locations."

BtownBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Bloomington
    I was in there a few years ago, and saw a sales person talking to a gentleman wearing his pants around his ankles. He was showing off a new FN Five Seven pistol, which was pretty new at the time. The sales person was extolling the virtues of the $2500 package deal, which included five boxes of ammo, telling the gentleman about it's large capacity magazine and whatnot. I walked over, curious about the pistol myself, when the salesperson leaned in close and offered up what he thought would seal the deal for this gentleman. He said, "And these bullets will go right through a bulletproof vest, man." I turned around and walked out. Never again will I enter an establishment that attempts to sell a gun by saying that it would be appropriate for shooting police officers.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    I will have to agree with most of whats posted here and elsewhere about Don's Guns.
    The guy does have some crazy prices on what he sells.
    It appears that he does cater to the gangster types, and for some reason,
    he don't wanna make any money folks, he just wants to sell guns.

But, he did just give a blank check to the Johnson County Sheriff Dept. for the purchase of a deliberator for each squad car, and the training of its use to each arriving officer working in Johnson County. Thats one hell of a lot more than I can do.

Will I visit his shop, I don't think so, Would I tip my hat to him, yes I would.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I will have to agree with most of whats posted here and elsewhere about Don's Guns.
    The guy does have some crazy prices on what he sells.
    It appears that he does cater to the gangster types, and for some reason,
    he don't wanna make any money folks, he just wants to sell guns.

But, he did just give a blank check to the Johnson County Sheriff Dept. for the purchase of a deliberator for each squad car, and the training of its use to each arriving officer working in Johnson County. Thats one hell of a lot more than I can do.

Will I visit his shop, I don't think so, Would I tip my hat to him, yes I would.

Is that something that affects only liberals, or did you mean defibrillator?;)

Top Bottom