• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Was this a cut and paste or was it you who got Trent Lott's hame state wrong?

MI is the abbreviation of Michigan. MS is the abbreviation of Mississippi, Lott's home state. I didn't bother to look for other inaccuracies after that.

Lifted directly from the indicated source included. As you might imagine, there is quite a list of Democrats similarly 'busy' when Uncle Sam came calling

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Que, with your example, I find the principle generally true, but the problem is when we find people who are willing to act against one example by rewarding even worse. Realistically, we have Trump who is spongy on the Second Amendment, avoided Vietnam, but still is supportive of our troops both with his words and deeds--or we have Hillary who had a completely open bloodlust to disarm us of everything this side of sharp sticks and displays open contempt for such people as our troops and even her own Secret Service detail.

While I am still agreeing with you that it is not a justification, we are dealing with people we are not going to change. Right down to the last detail, Trump may never man up and own his imperfections, but then again, I don't see Hillary owning the pile of dead bodies in her wake sufficient to start her own funeral home, or any of her other criminal activities. At the end of the day, Trump is not the standard bearer I would have preferred to see at the front end of a potential Washington shakeup, but at least he is not a brazen criminal.

O'Rly?

-"I like people that weren't captured"
    -what about the tweet, that rather than feature US soldiers, featured the Wehrmacht?
    -"it is my own personal Vietnam" (on avoiding STDs)
    -"While disabled veterans should be given every opportunity to earn a living, is it fair to do so to the detriment of the city as a whole or its taxpaying citizens and businesses?"
    -hasn't Trump settled a number of suits due to firing or refusing to hire people because of their military commitments? Yeah, he has.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    However, you inspired me to undertake further review. A cursory search has turned up no information about the personalities behind the site but it seems to have a singular purpose - to attack Bush (too soon for #NeverBush). I made the unwarranted assumption that it was veteran driven, mostly on it's willingness to criticize both sides of the aisle for lack of service. It may in fact have been more partisan than I wished to believe.
    I'll keep trying to dig up the underlying personalities to see if that info is informative. The service listing doesn't have a publication date but I would assume prior to 2000 if they wished it to serve as a deterrent to GWB's election.
    What little I've turned up so far seems to indicate it was an aggregation site for antiBush

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Trying to keep this about no one in particular while alluding to confirmation bias moving people who already dislike Trump to jump on any story that could be interpreted in a manner consistent with what they already believe

How many US ambassadors and state dept personnel has Trump gotten killed. How many service men has Hitlery taken the time to even notice, much less care about.

That's like saying I'm a better quarterback than Jim Kelly, because I haven't lost 4 Super Bowls.
    #badlogic

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That's like saying I'm a better quarterback than Jim Kelly, because I haven't lost 4 Super Bowls.
    #badlogic

Your analogy breaks down at the point that Jim Kelly lost a game which did not endanger human life by coming in second-best in his ability, not through indifference toward the lives of his subordinates expressed in prevention of any attempt to prevent their deaths. Losing a game is lack of sufficient ability, not a moral failure of the highest order.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Your analogy breaks down at the point that Jim Kelly lost a game which did not endanger human life by coming in second-best in his ability, not through indifference toward the lives of his subordinates expressed in prevention of any attempt to prevent their deaths. Losing a game is lack of sufficient ability, not a moral failure of the highest order.

My analogy is solid, and well undstood by anyone wishing to rise above partisanship.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My analogy is solid, and well undstood by anyone wishing to rise above partisanship.

Your analogy is full of crap. There is a huge difference between not managing to get the job done for lack of ability and refusing to even try, especially knowing that this meant consigning several people to a very miserable death. There is not a chance in the universe I would have ordered the cavalry to stand down. Hillary simply doesn't give a damn about anyone other than herself and has proven that point repetitively. At minimum, Trump can be afforded the benefit of the doubt in this regard. Hillary offers no doubt whatsoever given that the point has already been proven, as it has with a number of other issues.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You are correct. You have not had the chance to quarterback a Super Bowl, so you have no record in that respect. Similarly Trump has had no record sending men into harm's way and thus has no record therein

That's the point. Hitlery absolutely has a record sending men into harm's way, failing to adequately support them and getting them murdered.

So when I see the 'woman' standing there, seemingly with visible waves of evil pouring off her like heat shimmer, I sometimes question the motivations of people who feel the need to put Trumps every action under the microscope and spin it in a negative manner (and it is negative spin unless and until proof emerges that he did what he did for a non-altruistic reason). Do they assume that others will take on the task of defeating Hitlery for them while they enjoy the luxury of attacking Trump?

Sometimes it feels like groundhog day with every day March 15th

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Your analogy is full of crap. There is a huge difference between not managing to get the job done for lack of ability and refusing to even try, especially knowing that this meant consigning several people to a very miserable death. There is not a chance in the universe I would have ordered the cavalry to stand down. Hillary simply doesn't give a damn about anyone other than herself and has proven that point repetitively. At minimum, Trump can be afforded the benefit of the doubt in this regard. Hillary offers no doubt whatsoever given that the point has already been proven, as it has with a number of other issues.

Despite the fact that the investigation determined that no "stand down" order was given, IF Clinton did do so, "who" exactly did she have the authority to tell to stand down? The CIA? nope she doesn't run that agency... the military? Nope she doesn't run them either. If anyone wants to point a finger at somebody, with the belief that a stand down order was given, point the finger at the president, and the CIA.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Despite the fact that the investigation determined that no "stand down" order was given, IF Clinton did do so, "who" exactly did she have the authority to tell to stand down? The CIA? nope she doesn't run that agency... the military? Nope she doesn't run them either. If anyone wants to point a finger at somebody, with the belief that a stand down order was given, point the finger at the president, and the CIA.

Given just how cavalier HC has been with national security and the considerable effort she put into concealing her dealings on what she intended to stay secret e-mail server, there is more than ample reason to question both her competence and her character.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Maybe Trump is trying to relieve his guilt for being a draft dodger and undeserving of any service member's vote, so he is using his vast wealth to buy the support of those he desires to serve him? But, I could be wrong and he did it out of the kindness of his heart.

It's more important than he did it, which can be factually proven unlike what motivated him to do so.

Not having served myself because I was a coward and didn't sign up since we were at war with Iraq is something I have regretted for a long time. I would like to think that I would hold our vets in the highest regards whether or not I made that choice but it could be true and sometimes is even consciously crosses my mind when I have the opportunity to offer any vet assistance.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN

:yesway:

Top Bottom