Don Shipley's phony Navy SEAL of the week!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I worked on weapons/nav systems on A7Es on the Constellation and in the Desert (US Desert) and just did my job. Nothin special. When I was in 74'-76', we weren't looked at the same way Vets are today. Nobody wanted to buy us dinner or shake our hands but we served anyway. Over the tears I've met more Seals, Snipers, Green Berets and Rangers than there ever were in the entire existence of the military. I just listen to their stories and nod occasionally. Thanks to all the real vets who served.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    HAHAHAHA, tried to rep you, but i have to spread it around first. Gee, never heard that before. Also, cant spell PIMP without MP either.
    Course, when its o'dark 30 and there is a scary noise outside, who does everyone call? Give you a hint, its not the local crackheads, hahaha.
    I do have to say, i miss Army ranges, and not paying for the ammo to shoot off. Hopefully will be back again to work again soon :rockwoot: Where else do you get paid to shoot, drive fast and play with dangerous weapons and equipment? And get "rewards" for it too.

Grand Theft Auto? LOL.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Valor... Honor... Truth... These are dying concepts.

If you're looking for these things on the internet, I believe you've already failed. Personally, I don't put any faith in war stories people chomp at the bit to tell me whether it's in person, the internet or wherever. It's my belief that those who have really seen it don't want to talk about it.

Thousands of WWII soldiers made it to their graves without talking about it. My great uncle only mentioned one thing to his wife of 60 years. He was a marine that went to several islands. They went to Hawaii on vacation and he told his wife at least the ocean wasn't red this time. Another local vet drove either Eisenhower or Patton's jeep and his own family didn't know it until just before or after he died.

People can go ahead and post their war stories here all they want. Here's more than I'm willing to put in them. :twocents:

Top Bottom