Does your motorcycle exhibit this trait?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I've been having this problem for quite some time. On really nice cool mornings like this, as I am aproaching the turn into the parking lot at work, the bike doesn't want to turn!! It takes huge amounts of countersteering to force it to turn in. This is not the only bike I've had that does this. That's how I know it isn't model specific. Should I one day just give it the reins and see what happens? I'm afraid it would end up many miles away.;) This is so frustrating!!

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    What type of bike? Most bikes will turn a lot easier going 10-15mph then 5-7. When the bike is going slower the inertia becomes less. It takes more resistance to change it's velocity Which is qualified by it's mass. With the wheels,chain and crank are spinning as a whole, It usually takes less force to turn the bike do to the mass heading in one direction. Or you might need to adjust your riding style a little bit to get you center of gravity more lined up! Hope this helps.

shawkpilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    What type of bike? Most bikes will turn a lot easier going 10-15mph then 5-7. When the bike is going slower the inertia becomes less. It takes more resistance to change it's velocity Which is qualified by it's mass. With the wheels,chain and crank are spinning as a whole, It usually takes less force to turn the bike do to the mass heading in one direction. Or you might need to adjust your riding style a little bit to get you center of gravity more lined up! Hope this helps.

Ummmm, I think he was implying that it is hard to get off the bike and go to work. but thanks for the physics lesson.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219

wow....:dunno:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010

:facepalm:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    That happened to me a lot, so I followed the bike one day and ended up in Brown County. I think it has something to do with the kind of gas you use.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Do any posts in this thread remind you of anything else?

11166_1305798007746_1314416994_871895_1676847_n.jpg

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    The OP should of typed that in purple for you know, sarcasm. Some ppl need it spelled out for them sometimes. I thought that article was hillarious btw, Joe.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    The OP should of typed that in purple for you know, sarcasm. Some ppl need it spelled out for them sometimes. I thought that article was hillarious btw, Joe.

Nah, I don't think there's any reason to humor the humorless by using purple...The only way I'll use it(which is basically never) is if I say something so over the top I may offend someone who thinks I'm serious.

BTW, I copied that picture from Fordman08's thread, so I can't take credit...But you already gave me the rep, so you can't take it back now!:p

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Sorry guys, I probably need to adjust my sense of humor, instead....it's been off balance for lotsa years (just ask my family) :cool:

I dont think there is anything wrong with yours.

woundedyak.....thats another story.:D

Top Bottom