Does INGO ever host a casual range night?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inchrisin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Maybe I'm not seeing it on the forum, but does a group of INGO members ever put together a gathering at one of the local ranges for general target practice? Maybe this is more of a private matter?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Maybe I'm not seeing it on the forum, but does a group of INGO members ever put together a gathering at one of the local ranges for general target practice? Maybe this is more of a private matter?
    Lots of folks on here do. It happens all the time. You just have to make some friends on here and you will get invited. In my experience a lot of folks on here want to get to know you a bit before.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    INGOers do organize meet-n-shoots and meet-n-eats periodically. Mostly in the northwest and Indy areas, but sometimes in others as well. There is no fixed schedule, so you just have to keep an eye out. Some of them are closed group, like Mods-only or LT6, but many are open to anyone. You just have to keep an eye out for the discussion/announcement or you can propose one yourself and see if you get interest.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I found one of their secret events on google maps! How cool is that?
    DSCN3877_zps4wb1h5s3.jpg

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Yes these types of events happen from time to time. In fact there are many regularly scheduled shooting events around the State. Many INGOers attend. Look in the shooting sports forum.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's not the same barn I saw in Lizton a couple of months ago is it?

Yes it is.

Seriously. In the shooting groups that have regular gatherings we do like to know who is coming.
    Not everyone is as sharp as they think they are at the range.
    As I do not know you it would be hard to extend an invite to one of our group shoots..
    I would however be open to meeting you at the range to start the vetting process. Safety 1st and all.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Does INGO ever host a casual range night?

Casual? You mean a range session with Tauruses, Rossis, Diamondbacks, KelTecs, and maybe a HiPoint or two rather than a more formal session with Colts, S&Ws, Rugers, Springfields, and the usual really high-end suspects? :):

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Casual range nights? Is that like everyone puts their guns in a bowl and then you draw randomly and go home with the one you pick?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yes it is.

Seriously. In the shooting groups that have regular gatherings we do like to know who is coming.
    Not everyone is as sharp as they think they are at the range.
    As I do not know you it would be hard to extend an invite to one of our group shoots..
    I would however be open to meeting you at the range to start the vetting process. Safety 1st and all.

If one pretended to be a Syrian refugee, would vetting still be necessary?

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    This has me thinking. Anyone planning a meet and eat at Bigwoods pizza again this year? I almost went last year but decided not to.

VERT and I were talking about this the other day... He's getting in touch with the Mgmt to see if it's an option or if we need to find a different venue, because they have really gotten so busy...

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The great thing about Big Woods is they have always been very accommodating to us. The bad thing is they get bombarded with group requests now. The price of fame I suppose. Plus people want to eat and shoot. That is tough because once the weather gets nice business in Nashville picks up. Also hosting events at private ranges gets a little hinky. It requires approval of the club leadership, volunteers to host the event, scheduled activities and closes the range to other members.

Now the what can or does work. Setting up a steel match or something similar. Maybe a mini 3 gun match of sorts or USPSA lite. If we can plan this around lunch we have a better shot of succeeding. But those opportuniniries already exist.

Top Bottom