• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    my buddys dad just reaches in and grabs them. braver man than me. but i agree they are delicious deep fried

66chevelle

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    Try Hoosier trapper for traps. Charlie also has a demo day in september and there is always a guy there that shows you his traps and how to clean the turtles. They also have a demo on all different ways to trap animals.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    "Try Hoosier trapper for traps. Charlie also has a demo day in september and there is always a guy there that shows you his traps and how to clean the turtles. They also have a demo on all different ways to trap animals."

Where is Hoosier trappers, I incase I want to buy a trap. More than likely I use a drop line or build my own. And I know how to clean em' but who knows some good recipes? I usually deep fry them. But my girlfriend wants something healthier.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    We use a nylon rope, a heavy hook, and a large metal can.
    Drill a hole in the can and thread the rope through. Tie the rope to the hook.
    Tie the other end of the rope to a heavy limb of a branch so the can just hangs over the edge of the water. The turtle can stick his head in the can to get the bait, but cannot get off the hook. You can also see of a turtle is on the hook or not.

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I saw one a few weeks ago crossing Jefferson on the outskirts of Plymouth. About 16 inches across. I thought about grabbing it but I was borrowing my Mothers car and I figured that it wasn't worth the upholstery damage. Really need to get my truck back on the road.

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    I seriously thought this was another discussion. Sorry. No, but I know that the box turtle was considered "low in Numbers" here in Indiana. But during Turkey season they were out in Droves south of Bloomington.

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Like most everything else in springtime turtles fancy turns to thoughts of lurve:@ya: or at least reproduction. They usually return,or attempt to anyway, to where they hatched. You must have been in a turtle zone.:D

hunter_47443

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Greene Co.
    Like most everything else in springtime turtles fancy turns to thoughts of lurve:@ya: or at least reproduction. They usually return,or attempt to anyway, to where they hatched. You must have been in a turtle zone.:D

I'm in a turtle zone every time I try to get to work!!:ar15:
    Lead, follow or get out of the way!!

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i caught a big boy on 1200 the other day just north of sr 32 by stuckeys market, i was showing him to my daughter and 2 guys in a truck asked if they could have him and i said sure.

me and my pops always just get them to bite a stick and pull their heads out and then cut them off, open em up and cook,

we always go for a stew with them and after a day of cooking its always very good and tender

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    i bash their nose bone into their brain with a 2x4. then i grap their jaw with plyers and chop off the head.

This.

Or a single shot to the head. Either way, it works like a charm. Me and Erik7941 fish for 'em using the techniques he mentioned. We also do the old meat approach that Ranger pointed out, we just let it sit in the sun for a couple days more.

dan lenson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'm 40 & last time I had snapper was when I was 4.

I do remember it was very good.

Think you could make some for us at one of the INGO get-togethers?

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    This Afternoon, My Cousin surgically removed ones head at about 15 feet with a Mossy 500 loaded w/#4 shot. It was SWEET!!!!

Top Bottom