• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    According to the article, "President Obama’s Department of Defense has issued a “teaching” guide that calls our founding fathers “extremists” and advises students that today’s radicals don’t “put on sheets” but will talk of “individual liberties” reports have found. So, according to Obama’s administration, anyone that talks about freedom and the individual liberties are latent racists–or are somehow hiding their racism–and our founders were radical extremists!"

Well, I guess I am a radical extremist also, as I believe in our Constitution and support its principles. :patriot:

Doesn't this border on treason, coming from people who swore an oath to uphold the Constitution?

Obama?s Department of Defense Calls Founding Fathers ?Extremists? // Mr. Conservative

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Well, face it. The Founding Fathers WERE extremists. Had they lost the Revolutionary War they likely would have been hung as "traitors to the Crown." This is not to say that the cited point of the thread isn't valid. I'm not sure of the definitions, but it seems "sedition" is a more valid accusation of those who are consistently ignoring or undermining the Constitution after having sworn to uphold it - not that an oath means anything to a communist, or communist sympathizer.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Well, face it. The Founding Fathers WERE extremists. Had they lost the Revolutionary War they likely would have been hung as "traitors to the Crown." This is not to say that the cited point of the thread isn't valid. I'm not sure of the definitions, but it seems "sedition" is a more valid accusation of those who are consistently ignoring or undermining the Constitution after having sworn to uphold it - not that an oath means anything to a communist, or communist sympathizer.

Point well-taken.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    They engage in armed insurrection, gathered foreign allies against their own government, and set up a radically different method of government once they prevailed militarily. What historical context could be given to argue that they WEREN'T extremists?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Isn't the view that someone is an extremist relative? It seems to me that the degree of extremity of one person's view compared to another's is dependent upon the values they hold dear. If the Obama administration views people that talk about "individual liberties" as extremists, then isn't that telling? Since that is one of the cornerstones this country was founded upon, maybe it is they that are the extremists.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If the Obama administration views people that talk about "individual liberties" as extremists, then isn't that telling?

Context. If the topic of the conversation is "Sovereign citizens", then yes, that's a sign of extremism. Same as saying people who sign their driver's license with "UD" at the end. Its a sign.

I don't think anyone is making the statement that all people talking about individual liberties are extremists.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Will you elaborate on this? I have never heard of this

In a nut shell, they (sovereign citizens) teach their adherents to sign any government forms and assorted contracts with "UD" for "Under Duress". The logic is that the paperwork is then void as you didn't sign it on your own free will. So when they sign on their driver's license they will put "u.d." or the like at the end of their signature, supposedly to void their implied consent requirements, etc.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    By definition extremist, but the biggest problem here is the connotations they are attaching. As in it is negative to stand up for personal freedom, liberty, etc. That is the issue: not what they are saying, but what they are implying.

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    The Founding Fathers were extremists for Liberty / Freedom. The Obama administration is trying to attach a negative connotation to our Founding Fathers actions by comparing them to those folks that "put on sheets". The bad guys have to destroy a couple hundred years of history in order to achieve their goals. This is just one small piece in the puzzle. They have been brainwashing our youth for decades. They won't stop, but I believe they will ramp up their efforts because of all of us "right-wing extremists" that are tired of what they are doing to our country. They know more people are becoming aware of their agenda and they will not give up the ground they have taken. I can't say they are just getting started because they started a long time ago; They are on their final push...

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” ― George Orwell

Pretty simple to see when the truth should be their undoing.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” ― George Orwell

Pretty simple to see when the truth should be their undoing.

Agree. The fore fathers were ONLY extremists to the British. They were actually Freedom and Liberty fighters. So Obama calling them extremists proves who the enemy really is.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    FEMA teaches that the founding fathers were not only extreme, they were terrorists.

[video=youtube;ZPg9MdN9Gio]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPg9MdN9Gio[/video]

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Isn't the view that someone is an extremist relative? It seems to me that the degree of extremity of one person's view compared to another's is dependent upon the values they hold dear. If the Obama administration views people that talk about "individual liberties" as extremists, then isn't that telling? Since that is one of the cornerstones this country was founded upon, maybe it is they that are the extremists.

I agree but I dislike using the founding cornerstones as an argument. I'd rather convince people of the merits of liberty and freedom as they exist today and going forward. The statists argue about current issues with a more pragmatic approach and win supporters while those on the side of liberty spend time talking about the history. While the history is obviously important, liberty can stand on it's own merits and I think arguing the principle ideas behind individual freedoms is better than appealing to the founding fathers.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    FEMA teaches that the founding fathers were not only extreme, they were terrorists.

[video=youtube;ZPg9MdN9Gio]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPg9MdN9Gio[/video]
    They WERE terrorists... Watch V for Vendetta... HE was a terrorist... Look at the jihadists, terrorists.. Trying to get others to think like them or accept what they're doing through terror... or just to make sure that you're thinking about them.. Every time there is an attack, what happens? It's played all over the news, or in some cases, never MAKES the news... Ever notice that the harder those being terrorized try to fight back, the worse it gets? They're playing right into the "terrorist's" hands because it brings more attention right to them... The bigger the attack, the bigger the response, the greater chance that the news will pick it up and broadcast it all over the world... thus getting their "message" out..

The founding fathers wanted change, and they brought it about through first, acting out against the crown, and second, once they had enough people rallied to their cause, they went to war...

Top Bottom