Do you support the legalization of marijuana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you support the legalization of marijuana?

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    So are hallucinogenic mushrooms. Should we make those legal as well? What's the difference? Anybody else have an opinion on that?

Sure, why not? Morphine and Oxycontin are far worse for you than mushrooms that are grown in cow dung. I can think of a thousand man made drugs that are worse for you than shrooms. I tried them once and didn't like them, but that doesn't mean I think they should be illegal.

Besides "drugs", does anyone else know of any other plants that are illegal?

BTW, I'd rep you for that last post, but INGO won't let me... :dunno: Absolutely, people abuse things. But used in moderation, pot can be very good for the body. But you won't hear about that from people who argue against it being legal.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    So are hallucinogenic mushrooms. Should we make those legal as well? What's the difference? Anybody else have an opinion on that?

Why not? Making something legal is not the same as encouraging it. It's not saying it's right either. Climbing mount Everest is moronic, but it's legal.

I just have the belief that as a free person, you own yourself and as such you have the right to do with yourself as you please, as long as you are not causing harm to someone else.

It's pretty sad that so many people get so wrapped up in fanatical, reactionary dogma, that they refuse to even think of other possibilities. It's easy to stand up in a room where everybody agrees with you and state what everybody else there already believes.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    There are roadside tests we can do and if you fail them, we can take you somewhere else for further testing. I thought you would have already known that though being an expert in the law and all. Smoking and driving is ok in your book then?? Wow......that is all I can say, well other than I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

The only thing in this entire thread that we agree on is there is no logic here.........nope none at all.

Do we, as a nation, need to devote more tax dollars to fight the war on drugs? Should taxes be raised in order to win the war?

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Those road side tests are CRAP and you should know better. They can no more tell if you've smoked an hour ago or a week ago. If pot was legal that would become harassment. Besides, half the time they are wrong anyway. But I figured you would know that already since you are an expert on the law, being an officer and all.

And yes, I think it's perfectly ok to smoke and drive. Have you done it? No? Then how would you know? How would you know what it's like and whether it's safe or not. You wouldn't. Don't even go there. I will not argue with someone so close minded on a subject.

And if you think there's no logic in legalizing pot, then yea, I guess you should leave this thread. As a matter of fact, the INDY STAR has a great liberal forum you should sign up for.

The roadside tests are not crap and they can tell the difference if it was a week ago or an hour ago. The week or month ago issue is covered by the metabolites left in your blood, which by the way is also illegal. I never claimed to be an expert on the law and in fact have made admissions on this site when I have been wrong. I do however feel I am a little more versed on what the functional law is not what I think it should be so I can do whatever I feel like whenever I want.

What I have and have not done in my life is none of your concern and it matters not if I have or haven't done it......I have seen the effects of doing it and that is enough for me. I'm being just as closed minded about it as you are because it is my opinion just as you have yours. So I am a liberal and should join that forum because I don't agree with you?? Whatever, I would think you have more important things to do than worry about what I think. If you don't like what I say........there is an ignore feature, use it......it is your friend.

I don't mean this question to be argumentative, I'm just curious. How many of the people you dealt with who were high on pot were the kind of people you would have been dealing with anyway, regardless of them being high as well? Did they have prior records for other offenses? Would they have been behaving the same way had they been drinking alcohol? What I'm asking is, were they otherwise peaceful, law-abiding people who smoked pot and went crazy?

This issue is sort of a catch-22 for me because I don't think pot is any worse than alcohol. I already think alcohol is bad enough. So while I don't understand why alcohol is legal and pot isn't, I certainly don't see any good coming from legalizing another mind-altering substance. Ultimately it isn't alcohol or pot we should be blaming but rather the people who abuse them and lose control of themselves.

I am sure the majority of the people I would have dealt with would have been in trouble in some fashion anyway, but honestly it's hard to say because they were high when I dealt with them. And yes, I have dealt with a couple people that just smoked pot and started acting crazy......all of them, no but some of them.

Do we, as a nation, need to devote more tax dollars to fight the war on drugs? Should taxes be raised in order to win the war?

Devote more taxes to fight it? No, but I do think the penelties need to be more severe and that would raise the cost.......so I guess you could say yes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom