• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've purchased many pair of running shoes trying to find the perfect pair. I had no idea there were many ways to tie running shoes to create the perfect fit. I am no longer having the problem of loose fit in the heel and then my big toes hitting in the front. This may allow me to add a few miles without being uncomfortable.

[video=youtube_share;TWw958BlE4k]http://youtu.be/TWw958BlE4k[/video]

Bigdog357

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 4, 2015
    Indiana
    Thanks for posting, for us people that have feet and shoe issues it was interesting, like you I had never thought much about different lacing techniques.

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Kid's shows tend to use velcro so we had a heck of a time teaching them to tie laces.

"Daddy, in the olden times there were laces and now there is velcro. Why do I need to know how to tie shoes?"

kel-tecfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    There was a TED Talk tying shoes. I had been tying my shoes wrong for my whole life. Terry Moore: How to tie your shoes | Talk Video | TED.com. I started tying them like the guy in the video suggests about two years ago and my laces haven't come untied since. You can identify if you've tied them wrong by looking at the bow, if the bow remains horizontal they're tied right, if it turns vertical they're tied wrong.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    There was a TED Talk tying shoes. I had been tying my shoes wrong for my whole life. Terry Moore: How to tie your shoes | Talk Video | TED.com. I started tying them like the guy in the video suggests about two years ago and my laces haven't come untied since. You can identify if you've tied them wrong by looking at the bow, if the bow remains horizontal they're tied right, if it turns vertical they're tied wrong.

This! I discovered I was doing it wrong in my early forties and had no idea it was a matter of changing one simple thing.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I learned the first technique a little over ten years ago when I ran my first mini-marathon. I've used it with every pair of running shoes since until the current pair of Saucony shoes I'm using now. They haven't had the heel lift issue for some reason. They're more of a minimalist shoe than the traditional shoes I've had before but they're working well. Two years ago I started trying to land mid foot or on the ball rather than heel striking. It's been a long road but worth it.

Top Bottom