• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hillbilly 41

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    was at gun show in greenfield today.
    never have I ever seen it that packed, they had to move it to other building
    they was a poor selection of hand guns with very high price tags to go with them.

the buzz in the room gun control and taking guns from people that go over board .

just wanted to ask your true thoughts

thanks Mark

Last edited:

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    What do you mean that they had to move it to another building. The 4H exhibition hall (where it was) is normal for a Greenfield gun show. Last time, it was in the livestock exhibition building next door, but that building is harder to heat.

EOC

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    The Garage
    I think we will never know intill it happens.... If they try to take are guns then it could be another revolution and would be very bad.. If they take are guns and no revolution then its still really really bad.. IF they dont take are guns then well prices will prob stay high so I guess no matter what it looks bad....

Tc343

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Apr 17, 2012
    Greenfield
    If nothing changes prices "SHOULD" go back to normal. Once the panic is over and production catches up prices will drop. Not everyone raised the price of their items. A lot of sites still sells mags, lowers exc for the price before the rush. Once they are able to restock prices will go down. Just watch websites during the next few weeks when stocks starts to fill up and you wont have to over pay. $60 for 1 magazine is crazy and it wont last.

I just ordered 1k Winchester M885 for under $400 while people are paying 800+ on gunbroker... CRAZY

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Prepare for the worse, hope for the best. Being prepared does not mean go out and over pay out of pure fear. Prices have been inflated since 2008, we are our own worst enemy.

Obama's actual track record has been good up to this point. But with the level of horror of the last tragedy he is going to have to do something legislative to appease the legions of irrational anti-gun lunatics. What that will entail exactly we wont know until later. For now he has slowed the momentum of cries for gun control by appointing his buddy Joe to do a study, the result of due by the end of Jan 2013. I have hope that this will not be as harmful as the last AWB that was totally useless. But hope can soon fade as the roar of anti-gun lunatics grows and grows.

I am willing to wait a bit to see how the wind blows. The worst case scenario would be a AWB with no grandfather clause.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Who trusts BHO?

Certainly no gun owner I hope! However I am convinced, having lived thru several of these events over the past few decades that the gun owning community does have infuence with politicians. Our voice is simply more sustained than the crowd who cry for gun bans following a tragic crime ,but only for a short time. BHO( and the other gun haters) is/are well aware that he will very likely lose his senate majority and become an enfeebled lame duck should a restrictive federal gun law be enacted.
    I may be wrong but the announcement of a commission be set up to study possible actions sounded to me like the start of a waffle in order to let momentary emotions cool down while placating the knee jerk reaction crowd. BHO and the other like minded gun haters would love to pass gun bans of all sorts, they simply realize a not so silent majority will not forget if they do. The number one agenda is to be reelected/ not lose seats.
    Our most effective weapon is to call and or write those in power and make our views known.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I am hopeful that with the holidays and the change in congress, the furor will die down before anything can get accomplished.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yet all we can do is pray it doesnt happen again, realisticaly anything can happen. Hope an armed populace dispatches the next oxygen thief who trys to hurt someone.

jlf599

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    I'll confess that I've stocked up on hi cap mags for everything I own that uses them and I moved my normal gun safe ammo restock up a few weeks before ammo price increases happen with the hysteria...but I think there will be much durm und strang and then I think it will go back to mostly normal in a few months. At the very worst, I think they'll put heavy restrictions on "scary looking" guns that model themselves after M4/M16/AR15 models....not really understanding that it's just packaging.

I have been sending this:

An opinion on gun control « Monster Hunter Nation

to everyone I know, including my congressmen and senators. It's a long read, but quite a good one.

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    I figure that once things settle down the used gun market will be good, alot of panic buying now, regret selling later.

Top Bottom