• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Who cares if you remember how many rounds you have in the gun? Are you going to count them as you defend yourself?

Handguns are already compromises. Carry as much ammo as you can. Don't short yourself. Top off your magazines if you have the luxury. :yesway:

The few classes I have taken have alwasy taught you just shoot until it stops. Obviously if the situation arises. (ie dont empty the mag if you only need 3 shots0

Your stress willbe through the roof, counting rounds is for Dirty Hairy movies.....sorry

If the gun doesn't fire or you feel the slide lock back, tip up, check chamber, act accordingly.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I did for a while, but it got to be a hassle whenever I needed to unload for whatever reason. Heck, if I can't hit what I'm aiming at with 13... That's what a spare mag is for anyway.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    How would you do that with a partially or completely shrouded hammer gun? Such as my Taurus TCP or Smith BG .380??

I'd like to carry +1, (total of 7) but I don't see how I would safely lower the hammer after a round is chambered...

Anyone done this with this gun or similar?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    How would you do that with a partially or completely shrouded hammer gun? Such as my Taurus TCP or Smith BG .380??

I'd like to carry +1, (total of 7) but I don't see how I would safely lower the hammer after a round is chambered...

Anyone done this with this gun or similar?
    Um, rack the slide, let the gun do its job.

HD_darla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Yep! I had a guy walk around my truck while filling up and turned out he was texting and not paying attention and thought he was back at his pump but lets say that was a BG I doubt I would've had enough time to hardly draw let alone draw and rack one in. Thats my reason anyways.

Also there are national study's that show an attacker can move 20-25 feet in 1.5 seconds.

but now that I have typed all this, I remember your actual question and don't feel like holding the delete button that long haha but to the OP I agree with whoever said that when they do wear out they'll just buy more.

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    When I load my firearm i load I in the mag. Goes into the chamber and then I load the mag fully gives me 31 rounds of "premium ammo"

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    In regards to magazine capacity do you +1? In that I mean, with an 8 round magazine do you fully load it, chamber a round, then drop the mag and put one more in? Hence...fully loaded mag with one in the pipe? Is it less stress on the magazine if you don't do that? Or does it matter?

sometimes...but with a 17 round mag....one more isn't really going to make much of a difference, imo.

Top Bottom