• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    thank you for the review , I was considering buying one , but I was thinking more of how they might "eat" a shirt , too bad I was really liking the "fish gills" for a change of pace.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I can't do IWB without an undershirt. Even when I carry when wearing shorts and an untucked t shirt, I have an a-shirt (sleeveless t-shirt) on underneath and it's comfortable. When carrying that way, I can conceal a decent size pistol during the hot summer months.

ldhhumble

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    You've got to find the gun you can best handle, shoot, and defend yourself in a life threatening event. Then find the best fit for carry. Then make yourself comfortable in that carry position. Don't get caught up in all the hype and do it all backwards. If someone is threatening to kill you, having the right gun for you is first and foremost.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    Thought an update would be prudent. I haven't been able to trade for a non rtf grip, so I bought a hogue grip. It covers up 90% of the rough texture. What is left doesn't rub any longer because now there is just slight separation between my body and the rough texture because of the hogue grip. I preferred this alternative to any other because this doesn't cause any alterations and keeps its resale value.

I'll keep it for now, but I'm still open to trading it if someone has a g19 with night sights they would do a straight trade for.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    It also would have cost more. I like the Minotaur holster that I've got anyway.

Cost More? Cost more than what a Minotaur? Minotaur run $80 plus shipping. Kholster cost $45 free shipping. Plus a Kholster has a larger backing that would cover the area that your current holster did not. I own two Kholsters and would own nothing else.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    Cost More? Cost more than what a Minotaur? Minotaur run $80 plus shipping. Kholster cost $45 free shipping. Plus a Kholster has a larger backing that would cover the area that your current holster did not. I own two Kholsters and would own nothing else.

No the Kholster would cost more than the hogue grip did. I already own the Minotaur.

For a variety of reasons the Minotaur was a better option for me. It is large enough to be a comftorable holster, but small enough that I can keep my g19 in it when I put it into the night stand without taking up too much room. At this point I'm not sure if I am going to switch my carry weapon again, and the minotaur has replaceable kydex portions for different guns. If you feel the Kholster is an option for you that is great. But not for me.

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    That is exactly the reason why I prefer the CROSS BREED SUPER TUCK holster for IWB. FOR MANY (but not all) models, it has a leather barrier between your body and the whole gun, including the grip!

They don't on the 1911.

004.jpg

And they don't look like they cover the grip of the Glock either (pic taken from Glocktalk)

100_0505.jpg

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    No the Kholster would cost more than the hogue grip did. I already own the Minotaur.

For a variety of reasons the Minotaur was a better option for me. It is large enough to be a comftorable holster, but small enough that I can keep my g19 in it when I put it into the night stand without taking up too much room. At this point I'm not sure if I am going to switch my carry weapon again, and the minotaur has replaceable kydex portions for different guns. If you feel the Kholster is an option for you that is great. But not for me.

I see your point about the night stand and the replaceable kydex portions are a nice feature.

Top Bottom