Do normal people care about Indiana being last state to outlaw alcohol on Sunday

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I do the majority of grocery shopping on Sundays (that's my schedule) for the reason its usually the least busy (especially if you are going during a colts game) and you can plan for the week ... I don't see why I am immediately considered an alcoholic if I want to purchase some beer at the grocery store on Sunday. It would be nice to be one and done regardless of which day I decide to go.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    WHY should we have to make it one day?
    Are you so immature that you NEED daddy government to tell you when you can't buy?

I'm actually mature enough to
    1. Plan for the future
    2. Not require the crutch of alcohol to get through my day.

your statement is altogether nonsensical since I don't care either way. my favorite local gunshop is closed on Monday, which for some reason seems to be the day I most often have time and desire to shop so I plan around that as well. I don't go around throwing fits about it. I guess we have different definitions of what maturity means.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    my favorite local gunshop is closed on Monday, which for some reason seems to be the day I most often have time and desire to shop so I plan around that as well. I don't go around throwing fits about it.

But not all gun shops are closed on Monday. You could, if you so desired, go to a different store... So whats your point.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    To answer the OP: No, it's not at the top of my list of priorities.

Now I expect to be told I love gov control or some outlandish bullcrap.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I would like to be able to buy on Sundays (same as buying a car). I don't drink all that much but I have a heck of a collection of bottles (mostly full) and Sundays could be a good day for me to look for that next bottle.

99% of the time I buy from a liquor store and not a big box place.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm actually mature enough to
    1. Plan for the future
    2. Not require the crutch of alcohol to get through my day.

your statement is altogether nonsensical since I don't care either way. my favorite local gunshop is closed on Monday, which for some reason seems to be the day I most often have time and desire to shop so I plan around that as well. I don't go around throwing fits about it. I guess we have different definitions of what maturity means.

But not all gun shops are closed on Monday. You could, if you so desired, go to a different store... So whats your point.

If a store doesn't sell on Sunday because they don't want to, thats their business. And, as Jolly said, I can go somewhere else.
    Maybe you'd then be ok with them restricting anything on some random day.
    No condoms on Mondays.
    No gasoline on Tuesdays.
    No soda on Wednesdays.
    etc.

And I hardly feel that wanting a bottle of Mike's Hard Lemonade is a crutch.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If a store doesn't sell on Sunday because they don't want to, thats their business. And, as Jolly said, I can go somewhere else.
    No condoms on Mondays.
    No gasoline on Tuesdays.
    No soda on Wednesdays.
    etc.

I still keep going back to the OP and the argument asking if we want to be the last state to allow alcohol sales on Sundays. This is the better argument. Two times a year, in fact next month, we'll be inundated with semi-annual ***** of the logic of going on day light savings time. We were one of the last states to join the rest of the country in doing that as well.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    No condoms on Mondays.
    No gasoline on Tuesdays.
    No soda on Wednesdays.
    etc.

I guess the reason I could care less is that with all the assinine BS that I heave to deal with every day and the general increase of volatility and loss of Liberty that is occurring the minor inconvenience of not being able to buy alcohol 1 day in 7 is so low on my list of things to care about that I cannot generate any, well anything, to try to change it.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I guess the reason I could care less is that with all the assinine BS that I heave to deal with every day and the general increase of volatility and loss of Liberty that is occurring the minor inconvenience of not being able to buy alcohol 1 day in 7

So you don't think being restricted about when/where you can by a legal product isnt a loss of liberty?

Regardless of how small a loss of liberty, gaining it back, even if it doesnt affect you, is always a win.

Last edited:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have had an alcoholic drink about three times in my life. I have been scared spitless by drunk drivers about three times a week since I was old enough to know what is going on. I am delighted when sales of alcohol are limited. Makes my time on the road safer. However, I do not have a dog in this fight. Fools want to buy it, it is their problem. Same as getting a measles vaccine. Buy your ticket, drink your poison, or take your vaccination—do what you please. Just leave me and mine safely out of the equation.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Fools want to buy it, it is their problem.

Quite a broad brush to put on people that drink alcohol. You don't have to drink it, but let's not call everyone that does a "fool"

It's like a militant vegan insulting anyone that eats meat.

8m4wopZ.gif

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't think I've ever met a real-life person who supports the ban on Sunday sales.

There must be a bunch of them. Either that or it's just not a priority for most, otherwise why this hasn't been rescinded is puzzling. I realize there may be some influential lobbies out there but if this is really that important to the voters of Indiana, I can't imagine the beer distributor's lobby outweighing a determined Indiana electorate.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    So you don't think being restricted about when/where you can by a legal product isnt a loss of liberty?

Regardless of how small a loss of liberty, gaining it back, even if it doesnt affect you, is always a win.

There re are do many battles to fight. You can't win them all. I'm fighting other battles. The only reason I would even remotely care about this is from the standpoint of Liberty. Fight it if you want. I'll fight the ones I think are more important. Not every battle is strategically important to winning the war. After the war is one, the battle may not need to be fought. I'm not against you guys changing it. I just can't get excited about it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I have had an alcoholic drink about three times in my life. I have been scared spitless by drunk drivers about three times a week since I was old enough to know what is going on. I am delighted when sales of alcohol are limited. Makes my time on the road safer. However, I do not have a dog in this fight. Fools want to buy it, it is their problem. Same as getting a measles vaccine. Buy your ticket, drink your poison, or take your vaccination—do what you please. Just leave me and mine safely out of the equation.

Must have been a Sunday ban 2000 years ago because a fool turned water into wine.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    Less drunks on the road on Sundays is fine with me. You want to drink on Sunday? Buy your booze on Saturday and stay home and drink your life away.:twocents:

Oh, and I'm normal and I don't care one bit about booze at all.

Actually I think the opposite would be true, now they would have to go to a bar to drink and then drive home.

Top Bottom