Do normal people care about Indiana being last state to outlaw alcohol on Sunday

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    In-thread warning for racist comments.

And thank you to the majority in this thread who can express themselves without using them.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    No it isn't.

Not for normal working class people who can't afford 8 dollar beers. I was lucky enough to bring some money to Indiana. Those who haven't can't drink on sunday. 8 dollar beers aren't feasible.

Most working people don't have cab access to a brewery downtown or wherever at 7-8 bucks per beer.

But I guess working hard as **** for 30 grand a year in rural Indiana makes you a plebeian to some folks. You need alcohol on Sunday? What are you, some kind of drunkard peasant?

99/100 Indianans can afford to drink responsibility on Saturdays. 99/100 Indianans can't do either on Sundays. That is the result of grown children running things.

Thanks god the younger "godless" generation is brighter than the last 5 generations combined. Indiana will adapt to civilization soon enough. Food stamp aka farm bill subsidies from rural Indianian Republicans who let Jon Deer run their family business and masturbate to the delusion of being hard working country folk may be a thing of the past.

Beer seven days a week, let the working people drink on their day off. And end hand-outs to mildly retarded family wealth campaign contributions who pay for commercials that pretend being a macro-farmer is hard work in 2015.

It isn't.

They deserve their mockery.

Now this is choice stuff! I mean like, thread of the year.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I'm leaving indiana very soon. This isn't about me. It's about two things.

A) the principle of the matter. I want to self-identify with Republicans but can't. they aren't freedom-loving people. They are Zionist-loving limp-wristed below average IQ whites who have very little regard for their voting base. They think of most of you as mildly retarded low-ambition zero's who have zero thoughtful opinions on modern life

B) Poor people who work for a living. Hindering their personal freedom is meaningful. Give 6 months mandatory minimum for all men who drive drunk. But legalize alcohol on sunday. I thought that was what conservatism is all about? Giving folks freedom and punishing them if they abuse it?

Oh wait I forgot. Modern day conservatism is about letting Zionist Jews w/ 50+ million net worth runing things, and letting lower-IQ Midwestern white folks fill their voting gaps under various delusions. Pretending to care when their children die in meaningless wars, patronizing them with fake grief about their gullible dead goyum kids..

Being honest about the ways things are doesn't make one many friends.

Yeah, don't hold back!

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Nah, man. Just ready to move. Gave this state a shot, low cost of living and all, but too many tards. Too much delusion.

I genuinely think I've gotten dumber since moving here (set up your lame joke here).

Bad state overall. Backwards in all the wrong ways. Represents pretty much everything wrong w/ conservatism.

Worst state in the US to live in IMO. 2 more months..

Oh no! Don't go away mad!

...Isn't there _some_ way we can convince you to keep drawing your government paycheck here?

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    WOW!! Look man you don't like it here leave. There are some of us that are proud to be in this state(read on this land), regardless of what our representatives and legislators do. People are people everywhere you go. There are good ones and bad ones. If you haven't found what your looking for in a home, then you are looking in all the wrong places. Pick your battles and search your soul. Bad mouthing a region of people or race of people because you dislike a few things is not the way to find a home in this world.

BOT, I could care less about Sunday alcohol sales, I just buy on one of the 6 days its legal. Also aren't there more important laws that need to be passed in this state?

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    Living on new York for 26 of my 28 years, it was quite a shock to me when I moved here.

I can't say its an inconvenience, since I don't have an uncontrollable drinking problem - but it is slightly annoying. A few times I have run out of my booze of choice on a Saturday night, or Sunday - at that point, I either can't buy it, or can't drive a vehicle to go get it. Then I end up spending even more at the bar across the street.

For me, I think there is simply no reason NOT to sell booze on Sundays.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Actually, many of the Indy breweries are top notch and at least one was just listed as having one of the top 100 beers in the world. Yes, that would be Sun King's Osiris Pale Ale. The Sunday rules DO need to go away and the republicans are standing in the way of it. That is undeniable, as they are the ones in power. Hopefully, this year will see Sunday sales approved. Not gonna hold my breath, though. Republicans are a bunch of paid off lackeys to the lobbyists.

Is that right?

Indiana Democrats staying put in Urbana for weekend - Courier Press

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You probably drive right past Walmart 7 days a week....$8 in there gets you a warm case of Natty Light or Keystone, or maybe Wisconsin Club. If you can't keep beer in your home fridge, it's your own fault.

The point is, WHY?
    If it's bad, then shouldn't it be banned 7 days a week?
    If it's not bad, they why bother?
    Why bother having to stock up? Am I not grown up enough to buy on a Sunday.
    6 years in the Navy killing commies for mommy, and 23 years in a steel mill and I can't buy on a Sunday.

I work, a lot. Sunday is just another day, I work 5 out of 7 Sundays.
    So I stop at Strack's today, and my Mike's Hard Lemonade has to be put back.
    Really?
    It's friggin Mike's Hard Lemonade, not uranium or plutonium.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    But a grown-ass man buying a bottle of serious single malt? Or Boubon? Or Tequila? Or a 12 pack of generic beer?

Grown ass men buy their hard liquor when the stores are open and selling it. Grown ass men don't run out on Sunday. Really smart grown ass men make their own, and some really smart grown ass men don't even worry about it.

I'm sure you will find Illinois a much better place to live.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I don't drink much, but blue laws are just another one of those freedom issues that are always just kind of there. Of course I can get around it if I want to, I just don't like being told I can't do something, especially if there's no good reason for it.

Sunday hunting laws anyone? Also a blue law still in a few states. Virginia is fighting it. Pennsylvania continues the battle. So, I guess it's get your hunting done on Saturday and give up the only other day of the week to hunt for those who work Monday through Friday. No good reason for it either.

Thank goodness Indiana got rid of most of their blue laws. We still have the one. It's only a matter of time. Just wait it out I guess.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I thought it was a dumb law when I was younger and in my partying years. Which lasted until I was about 45... I think. Just don't drink all your beer on Saturday, or stay sober enough to go get more. Don't let your spouse drink your beer! Mine swears he doesn't like my beer, but he will sure as h3ll drink it when he runs out.
    Go to the micro and get a growler, go home, drink. I would think almost anyone has a micro-brewery within 30 miles nowadays.
    I really don't see how it helps curb drunk driving, as then the drunks will go out to drink instead of staying home.
    I have no idea if this law is still in effect, but when I lived in Louisiana, you couldn't buy hardware on Sunday! Imagine my incredulous look when I went to buy some stuff to hang pictures in our new apartment, and I'm told I can't buy it on Sunday! I think that law makes even less sense. In my case, it wasn't all that urgent, but what if you had unexpected repairs to make, like your plumbing is flooding your house or something? At least you can kind of plan about the beer!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I could care less either way. It makes me laugh that INGO has enough 22LR to last an apocalypse but they can't make it one day on their alcohol stores.

WHY should we have to make it one day?
    Are you so immature that you NEED daddy government to tell you when you can't buy?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I could care less either way. It makes me laugh that INGO has enough 22LR to last an apocalypse but they can't make it one day on their alcohol stores.

I don't drink much at all and rarely is the ban on Sunday sales ever an issue for me. There are spells where I'll drink a 12 pack in 3-4 days or 3-4 months. Last time I bought beer was when Meijer still has Oberon on the shelves.

Whether we can stock up or not is not the issue. What if we replaced alcohol with ammo? Would telling gun owners to stock up on Saturday be the right answer? The liquor lobby and the do gooders shouldn't have the power to dictate on what days you can buy legal products.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You guys, if you aren't already, should be melting the phone lines down to the state house, in Indy. While you're there bemoaning your lack of alcoholic-beverage freedoms, can I ask one favor? Please mention house bills HB1043 and 1044 while you have your rep on the phone.

Top Bottom