• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cory nigra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    sure they copied the best at one time. i liked my chevy truck in high school but love my avalanche now. times change and opinions are opinions.

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    I dont prefer my guns resembling bricks, but thats just me. Dont get me started on the trigger. Ive owned all sizes and calibers and will most likely never own one again.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Its a simple design with few moving parts, that is easily field stripped.

Its endured multiple torture tests, to include being buried for 2 years.....rinsed....and flawlessly fired 500 rounds.....despite no lube, no bore cleaning, and original rusted internal springs.

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    The opinions of other people don't really matter, get someone to let you try 1. I will let you try my G36 45acp, and let you make your own statement. I do have other brands of 45acps also, so a wide range in options is the best . (try them all!!) Compare and compare, it's just plain fun. These people that are so hard core about 1 type , need to be open minded IMO.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have been browsing internet forums and it seems that I have come across more Glock haters than Glock lovers. I just purchased a used gen 2 Glock 17. I have shot it and it is really fun to shoot. It has not exploded on me yet. :D
    My question is are Glocks poor pistols?

Glock makes some very fine guns. Nothing wrong with them, other than being a bit on the unattractive side.

Just remember, if you buy one, make SURE you CC it. OCing a Glock is like watching Roseann Barr walk down main-street........in a thong......;)

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    With the exception of very low end guns, practice and training ALWAYS trumps whether or not the gun is plastic, metal, revolver or semi-auto.

The arguments about glock vs 1911 vs et all simply gives people with nothing better to do at the particular moment something to argue about.

Find a gun that you like, you can afford to feed, and shoot well with, and all the arguments become moot.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I'm reading the book Glock: The Rise of America's Pistol. They had a quote from one person that I thought rang true. Glock is a truck gun. It isn't pretty. But you have it with you and you have confidence that it will work. I think that describes the ugly, functional firearm pretty well.

cory nigra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    bang bang im totally down to shoot your guns. the 45 part of my collection only host a sig 1911 c3 which i love

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    1. One should not fire unjacketed ammunition out of any semi auto handgun anyway.

2. I have owned 2 Glocks for 10+ years. I have fired well over 10,000 rounds from one, and 3,000 rounds from the other. I've never had so much as a stovepipe from either, after the initial breaking in.

3. Just for fun, I didn't clean my G22 for 5000 rounds of the dirtiest Winchester White Box. The lack of cleaning didn't affect its performance at all.

4. Use factory loaded ammunition only in a Glock.
    1. WHY ?????
    2. good for you !!!!!
    3. My buddy, didn't clean his RUGER 22/45 .22 for 4000 rounds... What does that prove ????
    5. WHY ?????

Glocks, DO NOT SUCK, IMHO, they just don't fit my hand, like S&W, Ruger, etc.....

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Glocks have the most accessories compared to any other popular handgun. Whatever you want for the Glock, there will be something for it.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    yeah.... That's why most Law enforcement agencies go with Glock.

Insert purple where needed...

Law enforcement agencies are also on a budget, and something a little better probably would not fit the budget to well. dont get me wrong, glocks arn't bad, but they are not that great either.

Top Bottom