• bobcoop06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Marshall County
    well then no 2012 Caprice, Impala, Crown Vic, or Charger for LE

Or Glocks?

And as far is duty gear goes, it's out there if you look. Safariland makes several duty holsters for XD's and XDm's. I have a Safariland 6280 that I carry my XDm in. I also have a SERPA I use for everyday carry, and know of some officers that use them for duty carry.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I would also submit that what makes a great duty weapon does not NECESSARILY make for a great personal carry weapon. Some of the traits cross over, of course - but it's important to recognize the differences between the two situations when choosing your weapon. That 's why I would not follow the most popular police issued weapon automatically as my choice to carry.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Now S&W has been trying to get into the LE market for years, and with good reason. I really do think having a large amount of LEOs carrying your products is almost like free advertising. There will always be that % of handgun owners who will worship whatever LEO seems to be favoring at that time. I just recently sold my S&W stock, but over the time I held it, they had a handful of agencies switching over to the M&P line. Recently they just got the Massachusetts and Vermont State Police Departments. S&W may finally have a pistol that will be serious competition with Glock. The XD or XDm could easily make inroads, but if Springfield isn't willing to deal, they likely won't see much in terms of PD acquisition.

What is sad is the S&W owned the Law Enforcement Market from about 1940-1985 and then the "wondernines" showed up and they have been trying to get their foot back in ever since. I am not saying there weren't Colt revolvers (and even Rugers later on) being used by LEO's but Smith really had a hold.

Top Bottom