• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Alar Cart Dish: New Concept! Would jump on the wagon in a heartbeat. Dish isn't perfect, but beats ComCrap anyday. (They have got to be losing customers, sent me a promo price w/ phone and internet bundle.) Does Dish bundle yet?

DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    I only have 1 dish and receive both locals and HD on Dish. Not sure why so many people have more than 1 dish for Dish. Also amazed at the people that have trouble with rain fade...it has to be a very heavy storm before my Dish signal drops.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I only have 1 dish and receive both locals and HD on Dish. Not sure why so many people have more than 1 dish for Dish. Also amazed at the people that have trouble with rain fade...it has to be a very heavy storm before my Dish signal drops.
    My double dish deal no doubt has to do with the fact that I have a forest of tall trees behind my house. One sat (non-HD) is almost due south. The HD sat is WSW. I could probably drop to one dish if I didn't want the non-HD channels.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I live right on the edge of civilization where sometimes we're in the Louisville area and sometimes the Indianapolis area when it comes to what local channels you get. When we first signed up, we were Louisville and the tech told us we could get all the Louisville channels but one with one dish. I'm sure it has something to do with bandwidth, spot beams, etc. on each satellite.

When we upgraded to Hi-def this past winter, the tech was telling us about the new hi-def dish. I asked him why he was going into detail and he told us because of the larger size, it required "out-riggers" that mounted to the roof (more roof penetrations) to stabilize the larger dish. I mentioned that I wasn't wild about additional, potential roof leaks and then he said, 'well when the customers refuse to allow us to put more holes in their roof, we can offer to use the older dish design'. He told us that the older design couldn't pick up as many satellites (something to do with the beam focus or something), but it was better during storms. I'll have to admit that it has to be very, very stormy out before we lose the satellite signal.

DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    My double dish deal no doubt has to do with the fact that I have a forest of tall trees behind my house. One sat (non-HD) is almost due south. The HD sat is WSW. I could probably drop to one dish if I didn't want the non-HD channels.

I get the non-HD channels in addition to the HD and Locals...all on one dish.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I just saw this post from a facebook friend:

Sign up for Directv. $48.99 for over 205 channels , 3 mnths free Hbo, Starz, Showtime, and Cinemax. Plus Nfl Sunday ticket included at no extra charge. No body can touch this deal. Stop by Spalding Communications to get started:)

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen

Same here. I just upgraded to the new HD (black) dish and have had 0 problems. 1 dish for everything. Only time I lose the signal is during a storm with a lot of lightening.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    When we upgraded to Hi-def this past winter, the tech was telling us about the new hi-def dish. I asked him why he was going into detail and he told us because of the larger size, it required "out-riggers" that mounted to the roof (more roof penetrations) to stabilize the larger dish. I mentioned that I wasn't wild about additional, potential roof leaks and then he said, 'well when the customers refuse to allow us to put more holes in their roof, we can offer to use the older dish design'. He told us that the older design couldn't pick up as many satellites (something to do with the beam focus or something), but it was better during storms. I'll have to admit that it has to be very, very stormy out before we lose the satellite signal.

When I upgraded to the new HD dish the installer used the old braces from my previous dish and so far everything is just fine. I asked if he would have to put up a new stand and he told me that my old warhorse was actually more stable than the current ones his company was using.

Top Bottom